How often do you wash/wax - Page 4 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > Detailing Forum > Detailing Discussion

Detailing Discussion This area is for sharing your knowledge, techniques and products used or ask questions related to interior & exterior detailing.

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 09-16-2011, 12:57 PM
pmspero pmspero is offline
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookster777 View Post
I hand wash it usually 2 times a week and quick detail it every day before I put it back in the garage.

I have OCD. LOL


I'm sorry I just dont like a dirty vehicle.

For instance the thing that bugs me the most are the rims being dusty. I stick my hand in the wheel and clean the insides every day and of course I clean the face of the rims.

The dust really bothers me. LOL


And as far as waxing goes, I do it once a month.

And every 6 months I clay bar, polish and wax.
Then this may really make you crazy. My kids wash moms car 2 times a year. Once in the spring and once in the summer. The wheels in the pictures are stock. Not blacked-out aftermarket wheels. When I had to replace the front tires, the tire guy seemed very disappointed and told my wife that she should really take better care of the wheels. To which my wife replied, "I have less of a chance getting stopped with a dirty car rather than a glistening one"...
Attached Thumbnails
jeep1.jpg   jeep2.jpg  

Last edited by pmspero; 09-16-2011 at 02:24 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #32  
Old 09-16-2011, 12:59 PM
BOYCHIKS's Avatar
BOYCHIKS BOYCHIKS is offline
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 16,363
Thanks: 266
Thanked 432 Times in 374 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmspero View Post
Than this may really make you crazy. My kids wash moms car 2 times a year. Once in the spring and once in the summer. The wheels in the pictures are stock. Not blacked-out aftermarket wheels. When I had to replace the front tires, the tire guy seemed very disappointed and told my wife that she should really take better care of the wheels. To which my wife replied, "I have less of a chance getting stopped with a dirty car rather than a glistening one"...
Man, that is a dirty red rock!!!! But she has a good point about getting stopped.
__________________
2008 Jeep SRT-8 Red Rock 2.4 Whipple SOLD
2013 Ford Raptor Super Crew 6.2 SOLD
www.youtube.com/BOYCHIKS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #33  
Old 09-16-2011, 01:19 PM
Crookster777's Avatar
Crookster777 Crookster777 is offline
Elite Contributing Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Downtown Manhattan
Posts: 5,918
Thanks: 46
Thanked 212 Times in 148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmspero View Post
Than this may really make you crazy. My kids wash moms car 2 times a year. Once in the spring and once in the summer. The wheels in the pictures are stock. Not blacked-out aftermarket wheels. When I had to replace the front tires, the tire guy seemed very disappointed and told my wife that she should really take better care of the wheels. To which my wife replied, "I have less of a chance getting stopped with a dirty car rather than a glistening one"...
I'm sorry an SRT shouldn't be that dirty. LOL


That dirt is ridiculous!

Really though, having dirt stay caked on the wheels like that will ruin the finish.

I would hate to see the interior of the Jeep!
__________________
-Joe-

Silver 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #34  
Old 09-16-2011, 02:31 PM
pmspero pmspero is offline
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile

I would hate to see the interior of the Jeep! [/QUOTE]

Indeed you would!! .... It can easily be compared to a baseball dugout after the game! Lots of trash, spit, wrappers, crumbs, toys and perhaps some fresh (and aged) puke. Oh well.... It's all in a days work when mom chauffeurs around 3 kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #35  
Old 09-16-2011, 03:05 PM
J&D's SRT's's Avatar
J&D's SRT's J&D's SRT's is offline
PWR - Boosted & Stroked
Lifetime Premium Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 8,528
Thanks: 1,991
Thanked 1,533 Times in 1,200 Posts
Damn, Sorry man but that's bad. If I saw her on the steet I'd probably give her a 20 to at least take it through Mikes.

Jim
__________________
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #36  
Old 09-16-2011, 03:09 PM
Harrison@Stage6 Harrison@Stage6 is offline
Supporting Vendor
Lifetime Premium Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Down South in Florida
Posts: 16,944
Thanks: 1,570
Thanked 2,595 Times in 1,210 Posts
Garage
I hardly ever wash my Jeep anymore. Can u guys believe that? it's been washed 3 times since June 1st before MIR. I just had it waxed the other day for the first time since too. My times have changed.


Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
__________________
Quickest and Fastest AWD Jeep period........ for now.
8.95@156.99 1.46 60'
2012 Mercedes S63-- sittin' low on 22's and stock(kinda)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #37  
Old 09-17-2011, 08:08 PM
LoudPedal's Avatar
LoudPedal LoudPedal is offline
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,076
Thanks: 176
Thanked 73 Times in 64 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmspero View Post
Then this may really make you crazy. My kids wash moms car 2 times a year. Once in the spring and once in the summer. The wheels in the pictures are stock. Not blacked-out aftermarket wheels. When I had to replace the front tires, the tire guy seemed very disappointed and told my wife that she should really take better care of the wheels. To which my wife replied, "I have less of a chance getting stopped with a dirty car rather than a glistening one"...

Nice...maybe start a thread "What didn't you do to your Jeep today"

She got paypal? I think I'll send her 20 for a wash lol.
__________________
07..Black....Tune by Johan, BO's CF, Billet Tech, Bwoody CAI-End Links-Track bar, RM Springs, Mopar Catback, FR Rims, QA1 Shocks, Extreme HIDs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #38  
Old 09-19-2011, 05:53 PM
BWSRT-8's Avatar
BWSRT-8 BWSRT-8 is offline
Senior Contributing Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 526
Thanks: 58
Thanked 60 Times in 58 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookster777 View Post
I hand wash it usually 2 times a week and quick detail it every day before I put it back in the garage.

I have OCD. LOL


I'm sorry I just dont like a dirty vehicle.

For instance the thing that bugs me the most are the rims being dusty. I stick my hand in the wheel and clean the insides every day and of course I clean the face of the rims.

The dust really bothers me. LOL


And as far as waxing goes, I do it once a month.

And every 6 months I clay bar, polish and wax.
Boom. This is me to a "T." I, absolutely, hate bugs and brake dust. I have done this with all of my vehicles, so it's something i'm accustomed to doing. I paid way too much for this thing not to take care of it. It's refreshing for it to look brand new, almost, every time I look at it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #39  
Old 09-20-2011, 12:41 PM
pmspero pmspero is offline
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudPedal View Post
Nice...maybe start a thread "What didn't you do to your Jeep today"

She got paypal? I think I'll send her 20 for a wash lol.
Too funny! However, my daily post on that thread would read something like... "yep, the bride still hasn't washed it'! Although, I'm afraid the redundancy could become polarizing and push to many to the edge! . Nonetheless, contributions via paypal are always welcomed. Albeit, I can't guarantee it will be spent on car washes.....

Peter
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #40  
Old 09-21-2011, 04:14 PM
jdoc7's Avatar
jdoc7 jdoc7 is offline
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,278
Thanks: 1
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
I have only washed my JEEP twice this year. Once when I pulled it out of Winter storage and just the other day, I got caught in rain and had to wash it. Otherwise, it is polished/waxed twice yearly. After EVERY use, I use a Calif. Car duster to get the dust off, then wipe it down with quick detailer and MF cloth before I park it in my enclosed garage. This has kept it looking brand new over the 3 years I have owned it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Her first wash SammySRT8 Pics & Video Showoff Section 33 06-17-2009 10:41 PM
Why wash it yourself..... RoKDoG Pics & Video Showoff Section 3 05-17-2009 04:06 PM
Car Wash Ban mandan007 WK1 SRT8 General Discussion 12 09-18-2008 03:33 PM
I wash better than Ace CentralTexHemi Pics & Video Showoff Section 22 06-10-2008 09:56 PM
What to wash with? BLKSRTEIGHT WK1 SRT8 General Discussion 7 07-20-2007 03:25 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:24 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
© AutoGuide