How often do you wash/wax - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > Detailing Forum > Detailing Discussion

Detailing Discussion This area is for sharing your knowledge, techniques and products used or ask questions related to interior & exterior detailing.

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 09-04-2011, 10:11 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

How often do you wash/wax

So my wife got me this great gift after I got the jeep. Its 1 carwash per day for an entire year. Well, I guess i am working to get my money out of it becuase I cant seem to steer clear of the wash. I generally take it through the full service wash at least 3-4 times a week then end up putting a coat of wax on it each weekend. I guess my question is, can you wash or wax too much? I dont want to get a year down the road and have a faded truck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2011, 10:29 PM
Elite Contributing Member

I hand wash it usually 2 times a week and quick detail it every day before I put it back in the garage.

I have OCD. LOL

I'm sorry I just dont like a dirty vehicle.

For instance the thing that bugs me the most are the rims being dusty. I stick my hand in the wheel and clean the insides every day and of course I clean the face of the rims.

The dust really bothers me. LOL

And as far as waxing goes, I do it once a month.

And every 6 months I clay bar, polish and wax.

Silver 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Old 09-04-2011, 11:05 PM

I wash mines at least once a week during the summer. I will give it a good claybar, polish, paint sealant and a few coats of wax before the summer ends to get it ready for the winter and do the same for the summer. I wash her once every two weeks during winter.
I have black so it is very hard to keep it clean.

www.dingsracing.com
I'm gettting frustrated with modding
Old 09-05-2011, 12:39 AM
That'l Buff Out
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
waterless wash every day, maybe miss one day a week. full clay bar and wash every other week. new wax coat when I feel it is needed. paint correction/polish beginning and end of summer. black keeps you on your toes haha, but enjoy every second cleaning my car. remember every time you touch the paint with anything, (towel, clay bar, water, hand), it takes down the wax coat so if you touch your paint alot your gunna have to reapply as you will take it down faster. I detail many friends rides now after they see mine haha. If you can take it through the self wash do it, the automatic washes catch rocks in the pads and will scratch your paint, especially if thats every day . Dont use the brushes at the self wash too much, they have so many things that will scratch up your paint caught in them as well. Unless you wanna pay someone to do a paint correction or do it yourself ever few months I saw a nice hand wash is going to be your best bet. A automatic car wash every day is going to be like beating a dead horse. Your better off just spraying your truck down with water then going through one of those. sorry if that was longwinded, but detailing is a bit of a passion for me and wanted to give you as much to think about as possible haha
Supercars are designed to melt ice caps, kill the poor, poison the water table, destroy the ozone layer, decimate indigenous wildlife, recapture the Falkland Islands, and turn the entire third world into a huge, un-inhabitable desert. But, only after they've nicked all the oil.--Jeremy Clarkson
Old 09-05-2011, 04:43 AM
Major Contributing Member

I never drive thru car washes.

Wax twice a year, but its not a daily driver and lives in the garage.

To me, cleaning the back of the wheels is like shoveling shit with white pants on.........(doesn't make any sense)......lol

I hate a dirty vehicle also, but it takes me 3 hours to do a full wash/dry/interior.........so I just try to NOT get it dirty

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 09-05-2011, 06:06 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganSRT8 View Post
full clay bar and wash every other week.
Really???

As for tuning there is only really one qualified tuner and he comes from Jersey....
Old 09-05-2011, 06:40 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

It depends on the weather for me. I usually check the weather before i wash. if its gonna rain the next day or in a few hours, i will wash it the first day its clear.
2007 Silver GCSRT8 / motorless again / Inertia Port and Polish Intake / Kooks LT Headers / Arrington 85mm TB / 4" Bwoody CAI / Magnaflow Catback / Bwoody Endlinks / Rear Addco / Eibach Pro Kit / QA1's / Jet 180 / Paramount Trans / ATI Flexplate / Dominator TC / R1 D|S Rotors + Hawk pads / Nitto 420s / Zex 100 N20 / LED Interior / HID Lows and Fogs / Tuned by Diablotoona

YOU TUBE : http://www.youtube.com/user/gtg7374?feature=mhee

PB: 11.72@114.88 with old motor
Old 09-05-2011, 07:35 AM
CROW HUNTER
Premium Member

My jeep does not stay in the garage unfortunately so I wash it at least once a week depending on the weather. I try to do a quick wax once a month to help protect. Every 2-3 months I clay bar and rewax the ole' girl. Waiting on some goodies in the mail so I can do a paint correction.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEight View Post

To me, cleaning the back of the wheels is like shoveling shit with white pants on.........(doesn't make any sense)......lol
A-hole.

Old 09-05-2011, 09:16 AM

once a month
tuned by Diablotoona
275/315 Vreds
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.