Upper radiator hose - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK1 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Discussion (2006-2010) > WK1 Troubleshooting / Problems Discussion / Dealer Service

WK1 Troubleshooting / Problems Discussion / Dealer Service If you are having some problems with your Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 and need assistance in troubleshooting and diagnosing the problem, this is the proper place to discuss it. Were you treated fairly or poorly at a dealer? Warranty issues? Let us know.

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 08-29-2011, 08:01 AM

Upper radiator hose

So a couple of weeks age I went for a Saturday afternoon cruise and was playing around with a vette C6. He was getting angry after a couple of lights.

Anyway I pulled up and saw he a little more upset than normal, apparently I had just painted his vette with my coolant, opps. Pulled over and he obviously speed off aiming for the next self serve wash.

That plastic 120 degree radiator turn piece had just popped right out of the hose going into the next radiator hose that goes into the t-stat hosing.

I let it cool, put it back together, limped home, gave it a good look and everything looked good, top off the coolant with the $80 jug.

Never happened again until the brother-in-law took it out and had a old camaro antagonizing him. Same thing happened only this time the crappy plastic 120 degree turn piece thing actually broke. 1st pic.

Now what, went to Carquest bought what the guy said was for my truck, it fits but not very well I can't close my hood, 2nd pic.

Well does anyone know what after market upper radiator hose to get that will work with Volant intake tube, because the one from Carquest is not going to work.

Next question about the 180 t-stat. so installed this also, but man it did get hot just sitting and running in the driveway like 220 was the high and then I turned on the ac.

What is everyone running at around town in 75-80 degree weather, I know the ac effects everything also.

I read that you have to adjust your fan temp switch or something like that.
Do I need a tuner to do this?

I thank you in advance for your help.
Attached Thumbnails
srt8 radiator hose 1.jpg   srt8 radiator hose 2.jpg   srt8 radiator hose 3.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2011, 08:25 AM
Major Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by movado750 View Post
What is everyone running at around town in 75-80 degree weather, I know the ac effects everything also.
190-200 with Jet 180 tstat and Johan tune even with A/C on.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:41 PM

What did you ever do about that elbow piece? My hose has fallen off for the third time and I want to eliminate this problem. And yes, I used tighter clamps but that hose really must build up pressure!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 03:53 PM
Major Contributing Member

Garage
Same thing happened to my Dads 08, but were able to save the elbow and put a better clamp on, his mechanic took his 180 t-stat out and we are gonna reset the fan setting, but I have more miles on mine and haven't had any prob's with the t-stat or hose. I run my fan at 190 in 74% to 85% weather
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.