Motor Trend gets a 4.6 0-60 - Page 3 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

» Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK2 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Discussion (2012+) > WK2 SRT8 General Discussion

WK2 SRT8 General Discussion This section is for the general discussion of the second generation Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 08-11-2011, 10:37 AM
Major Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5000XD View Post
What we need is a die hard gen 1 fan (also owner) to get one in his garage and spill the beans. I'm waiting for that review.
I agree with this. Shouldn't be too much longer. . .
bt c-c, reso-delete, obx L-tubes, bwoody 4", johan/trinity

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2011, 08:11 AM
Elite Contributing Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
I doubt anyone seriously in the market for an X5M would bother looking at the WKII either. It's not in the same class of vehicle. See what I did there ?
I am. We're looking at the '12 SRT, '10 X5M and '10 Cayenne Turbo S. Obviously, I can't look at a used SRT since they aren't out yet, but when I can pick up an X5M for $71k with under 17k miles or a new SRT for $55k that I would have to take the initial depreciation hit on it, you bet your ass I'll consider the faster german. The Porsche was pretty much thrown out the window when the '09s are still going for $95k. lol
'94 Black Mustang GT (intake, exhaust and everything in between....except for heads & cam)
Old 08-12-2011, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonSRT-8 View Post
I am. We're looking at the '12 SRT, '10 X5M and '10 Cayenne Turbo S. Obviously, I can't look at a used SRT since they aren't out yet, but when I can pick up an X5M for $71k with under 17k miles or a new SRT for $55k that I would have to take the initial depreciation hit on it, you bet your ass I'll consider the faster german. The Porsche was pretty much thrown out the window when the '09s are still going for $95k. lol
Exactly!! I think this is where chrysler will see the issue with it... They obviously forgot its roots with the wk1 and went for a different look and audience for the most part. But the issue is when your throwing down that much cash, do you want chrysler service or BMW service.... Pretty clear choice IMO. I went with the wk1 for the looks and feel and pure badassness of it. The new one doesn't have that IMO, so if i had to choose between wk2 and x5M, which now compete pricewise, generally speaking. the choice is obvious to me....
All work done at KING MOTORSPORTS

RIP RoKDoG

My Jeep... http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=62004
Old 08-12-2011, 08:39 AM

Send a message via ICQ to black_srt_8
Guys guys guys

Dont forget that the 2 germans ones are FI engines and the jeep is just NA engine

The jeep need to be throw in it with a TT or a SC and then they can compare

The SRT line cars are the last sport car division to use only NA engines in their cars
Old 08-12-2011, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_srt_8 View Post
Guys guys guys

Dont forget that the 2 germans ones are FI engines and the jeep is just NA engine

The SRT line cars are the last sport car division to use only NA engines in their cars
Although this would make the jeep more appealing to most of us wk1 guys, it would also drive the price right up parallel with the x5M and at that point most people are going to pick bmw/porsche over chrysler IMO... For some people that are better off, sure they will pick the wk2 because they just want it. But the way customers are treated at those companies is not even comparable to chrylser.. Thats why i decided to take my jeep off warranty and not go back anymore
Old 08-12-2011, 08:45 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by black_srt_8 View Post
Guys guys guys

And I can drop an LS1 in a Volvo 740 and spank all of them. Don't start throwing out the what-ifs. This is what we have to work with from the factory and, as a daily driver for my wife, keeping the factory warranty intact is vital.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:51 AM

Send a message via ICQ to black_srt_8
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonSRT-8 View Post
And I can drop an LS1 in a Volvo 740 and spank all of them. Don't start throwing out the what-ifs. This is what we have to work with from the factory and, as a daily driver for my wife, keeping the factory warranty intact is vital.
If thats the case then its unfair to compare these monsters to the jeep
Old 08-12-2011, 08:55 AM

Garage
Unfair? WTF? lol
Old 08-12-2011, 09:02 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

Send a message via MSN to MarioSRT8
It's not unfair, they've been the competitors for a while. And if they don't compare to the X5M and Porsche Cayenne T, then they'd have what to compare it with? The standard X5?

Now I don't even understand what they were doing on that picture that came out long ago where you can see an X5M and the new Jeep SRT8 parked in a desert. Probably getting the Jeep spanked in every way and saying "ah screw it, let's just make it a family car".

Old 08-12-2011, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioSRT8 View Post
It's not unfair, they've been the competitors for a while. And if they don't compare to the X5M and Porsche Cayenne T, then they'd have what to compare it with? The standard X5?

Now I don't even understand what they were doing on that picture that came out long ago where you can see an X5M and the new Jeep SRT8 parked in a desert. Probably getting the Jeep spanked in every way and saying "ah screw it, let's just make it a family car".
Agreed!!!

and LMAO at the second comment....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.