Just Passed Pa. Emissions with Stainless Works Headers - Page 6 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK1 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Discussion (2006-2010) > WK1 Troubleshooting / Problems Discussion / Dealer Service

WK1 Troubleshooting / Problems Discussion / Dealer Service If you are having some problems with your Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 and need assistance in troubleshooting and diagnosing the problem, this is the proper place to discuss it. Were you treated fairly or poorly at a dealer? Warranty issues? Let us know.

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-24-2012, 08:51 PM
Elite Contributing Member

Same here in louisana. Rear 02 not plugged up it won't pass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2012, 08:53 PM
Elite Contributing Member

maybe you can try asking your tuners to delete the rear O2 codes from the ECU and leave the O2s turned on, i dunno
Old 11-25-2012, 09:08 AM

I am getting longtubes and here in Vancouver, we have a sniffer and readiness check. Spoke to Johan and he said there was a way to pass with his tune.

Worse case i will put the kooks green cats in as they are the same style of cats as the stock

2007 blk srt8 (Sold) (one of the best all around vehicles I have owned)

AEM CAI,Inertia Spartan plus cam,slp ud,Johan tune,DS catch can,AEM wideband, Eibach springs,MM ported intake, FR 22inch gloss black 265/295 combo....SW longtubes next

Last edited by 2007srt8; 11-25-2012 at 09:10 AM.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:20 AM
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007srt8 View Post
I am getting longtubes and here in Vancouver, we have a sniffer and readiness check. Spoke to Johan and he said there was a way to pass with his tune.

Worse case i will put the kooks green cats in as they are the same style of cats as the stock
Johan said the same thing to the guys out at ESP (my local shop) when they were trying to get the Hennessey Jeep to pass inspection. Johans "way" was to make the rear 02s say "not supported".......which is not legal here in MA. The Hennessey failed the test, and was flagged by the state in the registry computer.
Kooks says the green cats are 98% effective. With my luck, I'll be one of the 2%. $700-$900 is a lot to spend on green-cats, and I'm not even 100% sure it will work.

Last edited by StangSlayerMA; 11-25-2012 at 09:23 AM.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StangSlayerMA View Post
Johan said the same thing to the guys out at ESP (my local shop) when they were trying to get the Hennessey Jeep to pass inspection. Johans "way" was to make the rear 02s say "not supported".......which is not legal here in MA. The Hennessey failed the test, and was flagged by the state in the registry computer.
Kooks says the green cats are 98% effective. With my luck, I'll be one of the 2%. $700-$900 is a lot to spend on green-cats, and I'm not even 100% sure it will work.
Oh boy....will that show up when they plug into the ob2?
Old 11-25-2012, 01:28 PM
Supporting Vendor

Why don't you just get your factory cats setup with flanges and use them rather then the kooks? They are free and probably more efficient then the kooks anyway. Just a thought....

J
Old 11-25-2012, 01:43 PM
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyBoy@Stage6 View Post
Why don't you just get your factory cats setup with flanges and use them rather then the kooks? They are free and probably more efficient then the kooks anyway. Just a thought....

J

I have an extra set of Kooks off-road pipes I can use to make a set of mids to pass inspection. I was afraid to cut apart my factoy mid-pipe, because if the truck doesn't pass for some reason, I would have cut up my only means to pass inspection. I also wasn't sure how the funky shaped factory cats would fit under the truck, or if it would just be easier to use 2 brand new cats. My friend owns an exhaust shop, and is a Magnaflow dealer, so I can get 49 state legal cats for cost.

I thoght people had tried welding in legal cats into their LT mids before, and it didn't work.
Old 11-25-2012, 02:56 PM
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
Lifetime Premium Member

Thanked 1,011 Times in 830 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StangSlayerMA View Post
I have an extra set of Kooks off-road pipes I can use to make a set of mids to pass inspection. I was afraid to cut apart my factoy mid-pipe, because if the truck doesn't pass for some reason, I would have cut up my only means to pass inspection. I also wasn't sure how the funky shaped factory cats would fit under the truck, or if it would just be easier to use 2 brand new cats. My friend owns an exhaust shop, and is a Magnaflow dealer, so I can get 49 state legal cats for cost.

I thoght people had tried welding in legal cats into their LT mids before, and it didn't work.
Rmon made custom mid pipes with his stock cats to pass...... Use yours and if it does not work and you have to go to back to stock I will loan you my mids with stock cats Phil..... Other option is to buy a used set from someone as they usually go for about 150.00 plus shipping.....

Last edited by Knuckles; 11-25-2012 at 02:59 PM.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:22 PM
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckles View Post
Rmon made custom mid pipes with his stock cats to pass...... Use yours and if it does not work and you have to go to back to stock I will loan you my mids with stock cats Phil..... Other option is to buy a used set from someone as they usually go for about 150.00 plus shipping.....

The thing is...... if I ever want to sell the truck in MA, it has to pass inspection. So borrowing your mid-pipe would only help me for this inspection. I would then be limited to selling it to someone out of state. I hate to cut up a very expensive mid-pipe, and srew myself in the future.
The stock cats have those offsets at one end, that looks like they would be a pain to work with in addition to their size. Thats why I wanted to see if properly sized 49 state legal Magnaflow cats would work.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:08 PM
Supporting Vendor

Put the biggest cats on you can fit and call it a day then.

J
The Following User Says Thank You to JerseyBoy@Stage6 For This Useful Post:
StangSlayerMA (11-25-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.