Just Passed Pa. Emissions with Stainless Works Headers - Page 5 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK1 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Discussion (2006-2010) > WK1 Troubleshooting / Problems Discussion / Dealer Service

WK1 Troubleshooting / Problems Discussion / Dealer Service If you are having some problems with your Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 and need assistance in troubleshooting and diagnosing the problem, this is the proper place to discuss it. Were you treated fairly or poorly at a dealer? Warranty issues? Let us know.

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:49 PM
Senior Contributing Member

Jose

I looked and I can't find my invoices for the parts but here are links to the 3" V-bands. (Race Parts Solutions had the best prices for the V-bands.)

http://www.stainlessworks.net/produc...-3-tubing.html

http://racepartsolutions.com/products.asp?cat=106

As far as the ball clamps that attach the rear of the cat to the cat back flange, SW doesn't have a part number but Anthony Grosser will know what you want and they will make them up custom for you. You just want the end pieces in the illustration behind the off road pipes with the O2 bungs.

http://www.stainlessworks.net/media/...07533767bt.jpg

Let me know if I can help with anything else.

Vortech V3, Paramount transmission, and TCM, Dominator (low stall) convertor, Stage 6 fuel hat, Inertia cam, StainlessWorks LTH, Wavetrac LSD, Modified Magnaflow CB, Modern Muscle ported intake, Arrington 85mm TB, Tuned by Mike at OST

PB 11.56@118.3
street tune, full weight, all season tires, 93 octane
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2012, 08:34 PM
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
Lifetime Premium Member

Thanked 1,025 Times in 840 Posts
Thanks Rich for posting this info up!
Old 03-21-2012, 09:00 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

Contrats... I passed MD's this year myself.

Roll Out!!

Roll Out!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 11-24-2012, 03:07 PM
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Do you have to use the factory cats for this, or would 49 state legal Magnaflow cats work?
Old 11-24-2012, 06:01 PM
Elite Contributing Member

i see no reason to use cats at all if you have a good tune on your jeep, it will pass any inspection emissions properly :-)
Old 11-24-2012, 06:14 PM
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeper View Post
i see no reason to use cats at all if you have a good tune on your jeep, it will pass any inspection emissions properly :-)

What about the rear O2 sensors reading catalytic inefficiency? We cant have the rear 02 sensors read "not-supported", or shut off in MA.
Old 11-24-2012, 06:16 PM

a "good" tuner can still fix that in the tune and not turn the sensors "off"
Old 11-24-2012, 07:00 PM
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeper View Post
a "good" tuner can still fix that in the tune and not turn the sensors "off"

Ok...so who would a "good" tuner be? I haven't seen anyone else with LT post up saying they passed inspection with just a tune adjustment.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:23 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmon View Post
I can tell you from experience that you can't run a tune in our application without rear O2 sensors connected even with the rear O2 sensors turned off. Johan and I tried every combination that he had on my Jeep with the off road mid pipe rear bungs plugged and it set codes every time. Your gunna see 0038/58 and 0138/58 either right at start up or after 5 to 50 miles. I had to buy rear O2 sensors for my off road pipes and connect them to run the tune with the rear O2's turned off. With the rear O2 sensors installed I now have about 600+ miles on my catless set up without setting any codes.

i know that no 2 jeeps are the same however my turbo setup with the rear 02's shut off and not plugged in do not throw a code, took 2 revisions from johan and theyre good to go for 7000kms with no lights

2009 Brilliant Black-Powertrain: TTC 6262 Kit, Stage 6 2Step, Demon Fuel, Wavetrac & Axles, Full Paramount Driveline, Jet 180* Stat & Lock Cap, Borla S:Appearance: DC Headlights, Tinted Tails , Smoothed Moldings, Murdered, Black Reps, CF Venom Hood, Venom Green Brake Calipers, Eibachs
10's Best Be Coming
Old 11-24-2012, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StangSlayerMA View Post
Ok...so who would a "good" tuner be? I haven't seen anyone else with LT post up saying they passed inspection with just a tune adjustment.
well mine is HHP. sorry i didnt feel the need to post it up saying my car passed emissions. didn't think it was an issue passing emissions with long tubes. ive never heard of it until this forum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.