WRX STI and EVO - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK1 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Discussion (2006-2010) > WK1 SRT8 General Discussion

WK1 SRT8 General Discussion This section contains general discussion relating to the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8.

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 05-23-2007, 04:13 PM

WRX STI and EVO

Has anyone run up against one of these from a dig? what was the outcome? I have a couple buddies who have one each and would be curious to know how the GC would stand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2007, 04:24 PM
Major Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankofiore
Has anyone run up against one of these from a dig? what was the outcome? I have a couple buddies who have one each and would be curious to know how the GC would stand.
Since they are low on TQ and have no boost out of the hole your chance are very good. Depending on their mods you could hold them! Gorilla will weigh in...

MOD DIRECIONS
Old 05-23-2007, 06:35 PM
Elite Contributing Member

Garage
I thought there was a lengthy thread about this?
'94 Black Mustang GT (intake, exhaust and everything in between....except for heads & cam)
Old 05-23-2007, 07:20 PM

Send a message via AIM to vinsane112
yea i raced a new sti out of the hole and got him pretty good
Old 05-23-2007, 11:27 PM
Banned

Easy Kill...Even if they are game and they want to race the warranty issues with their clutches is always in the back of their minds so they never launch hard which means you will have the jump and with a six speed car once they are behind...they will short shift and sometimes even miss gears...Stock is easy work...I raced a guy who dynod after me with an EVO and put down 426hp on the Dynojet Dyno!!! I holeshot him and he claims he missed a shift but in short I kicked his ass and cut off at 80 with him 4 cars back but on the highway he killed me to 140 from 80 by 8-10 cars!!! I reiterate...light to light take his money...on the highway if you see shiny exhaust and you are stock...they will get you!!!
Hallstar Tint & Detail
Old 05-24-2007, 12:09 AM

I have raced both the STI and EVO Both Stock with no mods And destroid them both.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:31 AM

Do a search. But ill sum it up:

WRX: Destroyed unless modded w/ big turbo, intercooler, and tune
Stock STI and EVO: Nose out with a good agressive driver. Wimpy bad driver, you will destroy.

Modded Sti: Nose to nose untill higher speeds. (unless big turbo: then your screwed)
Modded Evo: These are so damn easy to make lotsa horsepower. Simple, cheap mods get these cars deep into the 12's. Keep an eye on them.

BTW: The clutch is not the worry for either the suby or the evo. STi's have a really good drivetrain, and usually can beat the $hit out of it untill 400+whp. Evo's on the other hand, have had an issue w/ breaking the 2nd gear on modded evos, similar situation w/ regular WRX's. Usually, if the driver of a STI knows whats up, he will not hesitate to do a 4k rpm launch.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:35 AM
Senior Contributing Member

i take my friends lightly modded evo9 (iirc cai and full or near full exhaust) but hes not tuned. apparantly modded evo 9s (dont know about 8s) have a really aggressive pcm that will pull timing with mods unless they're tuned.

in addition to what gorilla wrx said, STIs and EVOs aren't much better than we are on the top end but go from a dig as most owners aren't going to dump the clutch at 4k to beat a jeep.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:06 AM

My 2004 WRX was dynoed at 320 whp. I had a piggyback computer from TurboXS, it had a feature called "launch control" that would allow you to build boost (around 11 lbs) at a stop. Very similar to a stutterbox on the DSM Talon's and Eclipses. Using this, I was cutting low 1.7 60's at the track. I think that particular setup would have given my truck a good race from a dig. However, I ended up disconnecting the launch control because it literally ripped my car to pieces (clutch, transmission, etc).
Mopar/Corsa Cat Back Exhaust
Old 05-24-2007, 10:01 AM

I raced a modded evo from a light. He just floored the thing and it kept bouncing on and off the rev limiter, then he dropped the clutch. I didn't do any pre-launch revving. He took an early 2 car length lead and I kept up no problem but the race was lost. He claimed to only have intake and exhaust mods, but that thing was fast!
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.