Ultimate Prowertrain Control Module thread and my problems. - Page 4 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

» Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK1 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Discussion (2006-2010) > WK1 Troubleshooting / Problems Discussion / Dealer Service

WK1 Troubleshooting / Problems Discussion / Dealer Service If you are having some problems with your Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 and need assistance in troubleshooting and diagnosing the problem, this is the proper place to discuss it. Were you treated fairly or poorly at a dealer? Warranty issues? Let us know.

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 05-25-2007, 04:10 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramsay1234
This is a crazy post to read. I understand the concept, but beyond that, I just keep reading and waiting for a breakthrough explained in layman's terms.
Ultimate plan is to intergrate this

With this

Or a MoTec or Ultimately a Mopar after market ECU. http://www.leeparts.com/pdf/07MoparCatalog.pdf Page36

Sorry for being so ambigous but sometimes you just gotta.

Jeff
The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which unskilled people make poor decisions and reach erroneous conclusions, but their incompetence denies them the metacognitive ability to realize their mistakes.

"I'm a greedy old man. Life's been good to me, and I want some more of it."
John Wayne

Last edited by Blown7; 05-25-2007 at 04:18 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2007, 07:20 AM
Senior Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blown7
As a sidenote I read the Software Agreement that came with the Starmobile today. I can understand now very easily why Project Morpheus was shut down so dramatically. I will not print, reproduce or copy it myself learning from the mistakes of others being so naive. Basically it says by accepting the software you will not do anything with it besides troubleshoot DC products. If you do anything else with it like MagnumF did, DCX will send someone in the night to "Cut thy Scrotum off"

Damn you move fast. Thanks for the updates *insert guy eating popcorn here*
Old 05-26-2007, 02:53 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

This is probably the best thing I could have purchased yet for the Jeep.
Really nowadays with the complexity of the SRT I don't know how anyone could really not own one to troubleshoot problems. I'm not one to always want to run to the dealer. Neat thing about this is the ability to run in recorder mode while driving to troubleshoot any vehicle diagnostics, then download the data to PC and graph and analyze.
One of the first things I want to know is when the PCM goes from Open Loop to Closed loop so I can debunk the lower theromostat mods and why a lower engine temp isn't always good.

jeff

Last edited by Blown7; 05-26-2007 at 02:56 AM.
Old 05-26-2007, 03:19 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
This is probably the best thing I could have purchased yet for the Jeep.
Really nowadays with the complexity of the SRT I don't know how anyone could really not own one to troubleshoot problems. I'm not one to always want to run to the dealer. Neat thing about this is the ability to run in recorder mode while driving to troubleshoot any vehicle diagnostics, then download the data to PC and graph and analyze.
One of the first things I want to know is when the PCM goes from Open Loop to Closed loop so I can debunk the lower theromostat mods and why a lower engine temp isn't always good.

jeff
Jeff,
Does that do everything that the StarScan does?
Is it updated online?
Bill
Old 05-26-2007, 04:21 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuilderBill
Jeff,
Does that do everything that the StarScan does?
Is it updated online?
Bill
Yes when it is connected to a laptop or PC it actually has more capability than a Starscan. In pass thru mode.

Again yes all updates are online. However being a unaffliated "dealer" and not a true Chrysler dealer I don't have all the download options available to me as a Chrysler Dealers service department has. Like being able to upload to DCX and let them analyze my data.

Jeff
Old 05-27-2007, 01:31 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

Ok played with that wonderful tool today StMo.

Found out a few things. First it will kick butt on the Dashawk.

Second even though your PCM maybe be marked AD, AE or whatever, you don't know what it really is till you ping it and ask it for the P/N.
Mine is clearly marked AD but the StMo says it is a AE. It's never been changed, or reflashed ,not by the vehicle history file. I've never played with it either, (yea StMo can read that too). And there are no stickers on it either.

So you guys and gals running around with all these marked PCM boxes it don't mean squat till you find what the P/N is inside.
So this begs a question from me, if BG Chrysler does a Flash, (whether it be Stage 1,2,3 do they give you the P/N of the PCM? (The INSIDE number ?)

If not thats why ALOT of descripancy can be comming from on various peoples "reports threads".

Third the StMo will record real time (really cool driving around with a laptop running) "ALL Node" parameters in graphs or you can merge them (IE Knock sensor voltage, Throttle position, throttle motor voltage, APP1, APP2, RPM, N2speed, N3 speed, CCM, TCM, fuel injector pulsewidth, timing advance, Camshaft sensor to Crankshaft sensor ERROR etc.) Anything your little heart desires.

What does this all mean??
I've got some really good data started to work with, thats what. And hard Data to now argue some of the more Voodoo mods.

Couldn't be happier. But still have a long way to go....................

Later

Jeff
Old 05-27-2007, 03:49 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Ok played with that wonderful tool today StMo.

Found out a few things. First it will kick butt on the Dashawk.

Second even though your PCM maybe be marked AD, AE or whatever, you don't know what it really is till you ping it and ask it for the P/N.
Mine is clearly marked AD but the StMo says it is a AE. It's never been changed, or reflashed ,not by the vehicle history file. I've never played with it either, (yea StMo can read that too). And there are no stickers on it either.

So you guys and gals running around with all these marked PCM boxes it don't mean squat till you find what the P/N is inside.
So this begs a question from me, if BG Chrysler does a Flash, (whether it be Stage 1,2,3 do they give you the P/N of the PCM? (The INSIDE number ?)

If not thats why ALOT of descripancy can be comming from on various peoples "reports threads".

Third the StMo will record real time (really cool driving around with a laptop running) "ALL Node" parameters in graphs or you can merge them (IE Knock sensor voltage, Throttle position, throttle motor voltage, APP1, APP2, RPM, N2speed, N3 speed, CCM, TCM, fuel injector pulsewidth, timing advance, Camshaft sensor to Crankshaft sensor ERROR etc.) Anything your little heart desires.

What does this all mean??
I've got some really good data started to work with, thats what. And hard Data to now argue some of the more Voodoo mods.

Couldn't be happier. But still have a long way to go....................

Later

Jeff
Jeff, 1st I love your new signature...reverse engineering!
2nd, wow a lot of data. I thought I was the only nut running with a laptop in the passenger seat gathering data.

Getting there Bud...I'm on the rear axle , you have the electronics...who has the trans???
Bill
Old 05-27-2007, 04:26 PM
Elite Contributing Member

This is great stuff, good luck and keep it rolling!
2006 Jeep SRT8: SOLD
Old 05-27-2007, 05:37 PM
Elite Contributing Member

Impressive stuff, keep posting please!
Old 05-27-2007, 06:40 PM
Major Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuilderBill

Getting there Bud...I'm on the rear axle , you have the electronics...who has the trans???
Bill

Maybe me??? We will see in a week or so!!

MOD DIRECIONS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.