Slight throttle response loss with Green air filter - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK1 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Performance Discussion > WK1 Intake/ Exhaust Discussion

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04-29-2010, 10:27 PM

Slight throttle response loss with Green air filter

I recently switched from the 9 inch K&N cone filter which came with my 4 inch BWoody CAI to a 9 inch Green filter cone. My research indicated that the green filter might flow and filter better than the K&N due to its newer design. Also, the Green filter seems to be the filter of choice on a few of the newer CAI's such as the Arrington. Anyway, after 2 days of driving my 2006 GCSRT8 the throttle response and low end torque seem to be slightly down from what they were with the K&N. I will put some more miles on the rig to let the PCM continue to learn, however if this doesn't do the trick I will most likely be switching back to the K&N. Has anyone else experienced this? My other mods are 180 deg thermostat, Diablosport 93CAI canned tune and Modern Muscle 87 MM throttlebody (which actually did increase throttle response in my application.) Thanks in advance....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2010, 11:11 PM
Elite Contributing Member

Send a message via AIM to SRT-MANA
Dude its gota be the color.... nawh! maybe you should try removing the battery terminal for a few seconds & putting it back on & then drive like a mofo! for 10-15 miles see if she will learn about more air flow then.
Old 04-30-2010, 07:56 PM
Elite Contributing Member

Send a message via MSN to pjs1965
I have the same filter (w/the arrington CAI) and I didn't notice this at all. Even ran a new PB with it Maybe it's the CAI that did that and not so much the filter....IDK. Sorry.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:19 PM

Well, it seems as though the pcm was indeed adjusting to the new airflow. After a couple of more days of driving (I didn't disconnect battery- didn't feel like reprogramming my radio settings) throttle response has returned and the truck feels like it is pulling slightly harder. In addition, the Green Filter seems to fit into the fenderwell easier than the K&N (base diameter is 1/2 inch smaller than the K&N, however top diameter is slightly larger) which makes it more user friendly when it comes time to remove the filter for cleaning- a big plus in my book. Seems like a pretty good upgrade for the BWoody CAI. For those who might be interested, it is part# 2037 through Green Filter USA (4 inch diameter inlet X 9 inch long, tapered cone style). Price is $50.80
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.