"ESP, BAS" Light came on?? - Page 2 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK1 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Discussion (2006-2010) > WK1 Troubleshooting / Problems Discussion / Dealer Service

WK1 Troubleshooting / Problems Discussion / Dealer Service If you are having some problems with your Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 and need assistance in troubleshooting and diagnosing the problem, this is the proper place to discuss it. Were you treated fairly or poorly at a dealer? Warranty issues? Let us know.

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10-30-2007, 03:18 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06BLACKJGCSRT8 View Post
I had this same problem, I just took it to the dealer, told them what happened and they took care of it. From what I can remember it was a simple fix, they just had to change a sensor. It was only about an hour and all under warranty.
Same with me.
The dealer ordered a new rear sensor and it will take 5 min. to install.
The damn sensor is back ordered and won't be available for a week or so.

Hope it IS the sensor and not rubbed wires.
Bill
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2007, 06:15 PM

"ESP, BAS" Light came on??

Every time the dealer re program the control module the light came on after an average of 19 to 20 miles currently Im headed for my fourth visit to the dealer they now say its the ABS contol module, they do not have it in stock, Im waiting for it, hope it solves the ESP, BAS & TRACTION CONTROL LIGHT problem.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:39 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Pr View Post
Im about to take my GC for its third visit for service of ABS / BAS & Traction Control, both light came on full time. At first it was an intermitent problem, if I hit a bump on the road you could see the light flick on. The dealer did a reprogram of the ABS control module on the 1st and 2nd visit for ABS service when the warning light stayed on permanently, they solved the problem for just a couple of miles away from the dealer.
Does anyone have any idea what else could be causing the problem or where to look for potential problem spots of GC SRT8 ABS system!!!!
They just ordered me a new rear wheel sensor.
Obviously, this may NOT fix the problem.
What is a pain, when all this goes out, the cruise control, GPS, etc. DON'T work!
Bill
Old 11-15-2007, 03:57 PM

After fourth visit, Finally problem solved with ESP, BAS & Traction Control with a new control module and programing, problem persisted intermitently and was solved by a Chrysler engineer visiting the service center. Lucky me!! All needed to be done was wheel and steering wheel alinement, there a position sensor on the steering wheel if its not centered correcty it will trigger the light's and lock the tires to make necesary the corrections if turning & breaking.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:03 PM
Elite Contributing Member

After getting the latest G40 brake recall flash I have not gotten the ESP/BAS Traction lights again so far.

Ill keep everyone posted.
2006 Jeep SRT8: SOLD
Old 11-15-2007, 04:07 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

chrysler (jeep) electrical

i can tell you from my experiences with jeeps that the electrical, everything from the front on back wiring and all, has always been an issue. the more ya play with things (i.e. PCM, stereo etc) the higher the chances of having weird random lights flashing on the cluster. not to mention i have heard these srt GC's in particular are very sensitive (must be female PCM's in these things. lol)
Old 05-27-2008, 02:08 PM

Mine too...

My "ESP BAS" light just started intermittently lighting this morning after only 3,000 miles on my '08. Scheduled an appointment next Monday. Bummer.
Old 05-27-2008, 09:10 PM

My ESP BAS lights just came on. '07 with less than 1500 miles. I've had the G40 recall done (once). I was coming to a stop on a light incline a few days ago and damn if I didn't feel the ABS buzz just a little during the stop. My guess is that it's related, and that a funky control module is the problem and needs replacing.

Dealership time next week, I'll post my results.
98 Honda Blackbird 1100XX
Old 06-03-2008, 12:51 AM

Took it to the dealer and they apparently needed to flash an update to the transmission program, although they didn't give a version # on the work order. I just drove it home and so far so good. Time will tell.
Old 08-02-2008, 11:43 AM

ESP BAS light is back on. Back to the dealer I go.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.