Why Shifter Lever Assy breaks on Jeeps - Page 6 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK1 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Discussion (2006-2010) > WK1 Troubleshooting / Problems Discussion / Dealer Service

WK1 Troubleshooting / Problems Discussion / Dealer Service If you are having some problems with your Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 and need assistance in troubleshooting and diagnosing the problem, this is the proper place to discuss it. Were you treated fairly or poorly at a dealer? Warranty issues? Let us know.

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-23-2010, 06:29 PM

Done!!!!!!! :)

Ok, I just did this cleaning mod on my ESM, hopefully it is the issue. I cleared the CEL, and drove around some of the hilly streets that seems to trigger it more often and nothing. I am keeping my fingers crossed!!
Yesterday when I was pulling out of Costco, my truck went into the limp mode and I couldn't get out of the parking lot since the way out has a small hill. I had like 10 cars behind me and I was not very happy. It did take like 10 seconds for it to kick out of limp mode and away I went.
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2010, 06:31 PM

Also thank you all for the pics and disassembly instructions....VERY much appreciated and if not, it would have been at the dealer with a bunch of guys running all kinds of tests, flashes etc etc and then to come to some unkown conclusion!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2011, 06:37 PM

Yes I'm digging up an older thread but this one saved my bacon.

My wife pulled out of the garage yesterday morning just to have the Jeep go into limp mode. All gear icons lit up, hard shifting, and a CEL. I was dreading pulling the entire N2O setup out, swapping tires back over to stock, and going to the dealership. Up here Lithia Jeep is INFAMOUS for shotty work and using any excuse to void warranty.

Very thankful for the OP of this thread and those of you who added pictures and directions. Did it just like instructed, Jeep runs like a top again. Thank you.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:04 AM

hey guys, i work in the audio industry so we have a lot of units that are controlled by the same type of conductive plastic/carbon compound controllers.

this is the stuff you want to use and it will last forever with a little cleaning now and then.

http://store.caig.com/s.nl/sc.2/category.293/.f
Old 01-22-2011, 11:06 AM
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinglenario View Post
hey guys, i work in the audio industry so we have a lot of units that are controlled by the same type of conductive plastic/carbon compound controllers.

this is the stuff you want to use and it will last forever with a little cleaning now and then.

http://store.caig.com/s.nl/sc.2/category.293/.f
Nice find!!! What kind of audio consoles you work on?
Old 01-22-2011, 11:29 AM

i do mastering so now so they're custom consoles usually. i like to use some 409 mixed with water to clean those first with q tips. then just water on a q tip to rinse it. then dry it with a dry q tip, then apply the fader lube with...a q tip.

if you use a contact cleaner it's going to eventually eat through that conductive carbon and ruin it completely.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:05 PM
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
i do mastering so now so they're custom consoles usually. i like to use some 409 mixed with water to clean those first with q tips. then just water on a q tip to rinse it. then dry it with a dry q tip, then apply the fader lube with...a q tip.

if you use a contact cleaner it's going to eventually eat through that conductive carbon and ruin it completely.
Cool bro!!!! The reason I asked is cuz I use to fix AMS Neve Logic 1, and Log 3 audio consoles and also Digi Design D-Command audio consoles with Pro Tools... I don't work on them now, but mostly work on Avid Media Composer, and maintain our 128 TB of storage on a ISIS with Interplay... Cool stuff bro!
Old 01-22-2011, 12:16 PM

small world man! not sure i'd call a dcontrol a console!
Old 01-22-2011, 12:19 PM
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
small world man! not sure i'd call a dcontrol a console!
Hahahahaha... Yeah it is man! Yeah its a baby console compared to the Euphonix consoles we have here to master the show with... I don't work on thos consoles tho....
Old 02-05-2011, 10:43 PM

:thumbsup:

Lost my + shifting and after a quick clean with some cheap radioshack circuit cleaner I'm back in business.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.