Why Shifter Lever Assy breaks on Jeeps - Page 4 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK1 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Discussion (2006-2010) > WK1 Troubleshooting / Problems Discussion / Dealer Service

WK1 Troubleshooting / Problems Discussion / Dealer Service If you are having some problems with your Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 and need assistance in troubleshooting and diagnosing the problem, this is the proper place to discuss it. Were you treated fairly or poorly at a dealer? Warranty issues? Let us know.

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03-17-2010, 11:51 AM

my project is on hold due to jeep getting hit. should have results within a few weeks. (i know I keep saying that).

Member www.ChicagolandSrtClub.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2010, 10:55 PM

Would cleaning this board improve "Auto Stick" response? I have a 2007 and Auto Stick is pretty picky on upshifts, I really have to tap it to the right pretty hard to get it to upshift.

My coworker has a 2010 and he can upshift with his pinky in Auto Stick, so smooth compared to mine.

Seems like cleaning the board might help with the connections, anyone care to chime in? Thanks in advance!
Old 03-18-2010, 08:27 PM

My guess is - it should help. Look at the picture downshift area is black "triangle" zone, in to the down -left at the picture. Upshift zone is separated squared zone at the top side of the picture.

However i didn't noticed huge improvement in autostick mode after cleaning.
X-REAS, K&N CAI, Magnaflow exhaust, Unichip, JAOS skidplate, Muth mirrors, rear fogs mod, front fogs mod, low beam HIDs, upgraded audio
Old 03-19-2010, 09:27 AM

^ Thanks I will get to cleaning this board since I'm sure mine is going to be filthy. Will take photos and report back (should get around to this next weekend)
Old 03-26-2010, 11:07 AM

I'm going to do this TODAY. This is probably a stupid question but what's with the static again? Am I going to get shocked if I don't clean it properly? Obviously I'm not an electrician....
Old 03-26-2010, 11:20 AM

Another happy customer here! I did this last weekend and the CEL issues are gone. I did it in my garage, touched a few metal pieces of the truck and tool box to ground out any static electricity I may have had no me and then pulled the contraption apart to clean it. I did the actual cleaning on my wooden work bench so I didn't have any static to worry about.
Old 03-27-2010, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRTgasm View Post
I'm going to do this TODAY. This is probably a stupid question but what's with the static again? Am I going to get shocked if I don't clean it properly? Obviously I'm not an electrician....
Don't bother too much about it
static is an issue during extremely dry summer and winter times.
For that dump spring times you are quite safe, unless you are in Sahara or Baja
Old 03-27-2010, 09:19 AM
Elite Contributing Member

my rig goes in on wednesday to have the shift assembly replaced, is this a sticking plaster repair ? will it happen again ?

DEBADGED AND REBADGED , STILLEN HEADLIGHT COVERS , VOLENT CAI , RAM MEDIC HOOD ,,NEFFY WRAPPED INTERIOR,BLACK OPS CARBON FIBER REAR STEP AND FRONT LIP INSERT , MOPAR REAR SPOILER ,BORLA S CATBACK , EBC DRILLED AND SLOTTED ROTORS , VIPER STRIPES ,PAINTED HEADLIGHTS WITH HALOS AND FOG LIGHTS WITH HALOS FROM DC SPECIAL, GLOSS BLACK USA SPEC WHEELS, LOWERED ,TUNED BY JOHAN ,,,,,,TOTALLY UNIQUE IN UK
Old 06-04-2010, 10:01 AM

Send a message via AIM to nighthawk
Im going to try it today. I'm a bit nervous because I don't messing with anything that looks like a computer . I hope its really easy.
Old 08-20-2010, 04:38 PM

so for you guys that did this clean, has it worked for all for all of you? and how frequently were you guys getting the CEL and symptoms? cause right now my symptoms will happen every ohhh 2 days. so im wondering if its the ESM that needs to be replaced or if cleaning this shift assembly should fix it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.