Kill Of The Day - Page 6 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK1 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Discussion (2006-2010) > WK1 SRT8 General Discussion

WK1 SRT8 General Discussion This section contains general discussion relating to the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8.

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 06-21-2009, 10:06 AM
Elite Contributing Member

^^^^^^ Those are cool. Where you gonna put them?
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2009, 12:33 PM
Senior Contributing Member

in the last week....

a c5 z06 off the light up to ~60mph. had 1.5 lengths and was continuing to hold it though im sure he wouldve flown past me pretty soon had we kept going. guy was really cool, rolled down his window and yelled "hellll yeah!" and gave me a big thumbs up

beat a silverado SS by a ridiculous amount. he crept up to the next light and eventually rolled down his window and said "man that thing is too fast, tooo fast"

kept a wrx wagon and a somewhat modded mustang gt (older body style) from cutting me off
Old 06-21-2009, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiefig View Post
^^^^^^ Those are cool. Where you gonna put them?
not sure yet. I was playing around looking for a silhouette outline just to see how it would look.

"The question was what does it take to beat a JGCSRT8, not run with one. This means all day, everyday. People can say what they want, reality is a b*tch when the light turns green"..................Signed, TBSS OWNER
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2009, 11:44 AM

Was coming back from work and I could see a good distance away from me in the traffic, a guy in Caprice SS driving like a real ass, cutting and doing slalom around the cars and really putting people life's at risk. He was going very fast and taking so many risks just to be ahead of everyone. I really hate those types of drivers.

I gradually got closer to him as we stopped at traffic lights and I eventually ended up just beside him at a red light.

I revved the engine to indicate my intentions and he looked at me and started laughing, probably too confident about his car with heavy tinted windows and tons of performance parts stickers.

The light turned green and all I could hear was his tires spinning while the SRT shot ahead like an arrow. Total destruction!!!! I slowed down at 60 like I always do, he eventually passed me, and not surprisingly, cut me.

Some people never learn.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:07 PM

good kill bro, bet the guy was pissed haha, prob led him to abusing his car when he got home, effin ricers lol, even if its an SS, its a DAMN CAPRICE LOL! Good days work brotha
Old 06-24-2009, 08:38 PM
Supporting Vendor

Mine wasn't really fair...but I got a good laugh out of it.

Coming up to a light I changed to the right lane to get around traffic as it was going down to one lane in each direction shortly ahead and the right lane was empty. The light changed and instead of 4 cars in the left lane, 3 of them took it on yellow/red and left only a Mazda in the left lane beside me. It slowly started creeping forward, more and more.....until it was about 3/4 of the way through the intersection and finally stopped. For a second I thought he was just going to take the damn thing as far through it as he was.

I already had a grin on my face as I stayed back at the line. Well the light changed, I was by the Mazda in about 2 seconds and shut it down at about 50mph
Challenger Hood-Flat Black Wheels-Tinted LED Tails/etc-Kicker-Eibach/RM-Bwoody Links-90mm TB-P&P Intake Manifold-ProCharger D1SC-PPP Pro Series Stage 1 Cam-PSI Springs-American Racing Headers-Mopar Exhaust-5" Tips-JerseyBoy CMR Tune-Trinity w/AFR-80lb Injectors-Fore Rails-Wilwoods-SHR Trans-FTI Performance Convertor-ATI Flexplate-Stage6 Dual Pumps-BT CC & Underhood-R1 Cryo'd Rotors

Old 06-25-2009, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCSpecial View Post
Mine wasn't really fair...but I got a good laugh out of it.

Coming up to a light I changed to the right lane to get around traffic as it was going down to one lane in each direction shortly ahead and the right lane was empty. The light changed and instead of 4 cars in the left lane, 3 of them took it on yellow/red and left only a Mazda in the left lane beside me. It slowly started creeping forward, more and more.....until it was about 3/4 of the way through the intersection and finally stopped. For a second I thought he was just going to take the damn thing as far through it as he was.

I already had a grin on my face as I stayed back at the line. Well the light changed, I was by the Mazda in about 2 seconds and shut it down at about 50mph
gotta love that, lol id say i do that atleast twice a day, once on my way to work, and once on my way home..and i love the expression on their face when they rev and you start laughing right before u SMOKE EM
Old 06-25-2009, 04:40 PM
Major Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChitownSRT8 View Post
gotta love that, lol id say i do that atleast twice a day, once on my way to work, and once on my way home..and i love the expression on their face when they rev and you start laughing right before u SMOKE EM
The best thing about the Jeep---- Knowing that at any light you have won (wet or dry).

I love my Jeep. Best bang for the buck. I was just talking about buying a porsche, but I think the Jeep is still better than the 911 I was looking at just because everyone discounts it. Most everyone I speak with has no idea of it's capabilities. They just comment on it's shinny rims.
1999 Trans Am WS6 15,xxx miles
Other Mundane cars.....
Old 06-25-2009, 06:14 PM
Supporting Vendor

Yep, I've found that not many people are too familiar with the GC SRT8......I love it
Old 06-25-2009, 09:55 PM

Send a message via MSN to pjs1965
Not quite a kill but -- I was driving to my brother's house tonight and found myself waiting at a light (2 lanes each way + right turn lane). I was in the right lane when an Aston Martin convertible pulled in the right turn lane. He had plenty of time to make the turn but didn't then I noticed him inching up.

Typical Type A ($$hole) personality mixed with NY 'tude I guess -- he thought he could jump me and cut me off into the right lane.

He doesn't think that now I think it was a DB9 but I didn't quite get a look at his rear end to read the letters you know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.