Kill Of The Day - Page 5 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK1 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Discussion (2006-2010) > WK1 SRT8 General Discussion

WK1 SRT8 General Discussion This section contains general discussion relating to the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8.

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 06-16-2009, 07:45 PM
Senior Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbullet View Post
BMW drivers always think they are top dog LOL Guess its good marketing on BMW's part
it happend to be my best friend, we always go at it.... I got my car last Thursday and we just raced last night, and it was stupid how much I pull off the line. I love this car!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2009, 09:24 PM

Seeing as how I seem to get into some sort of race every week, thought I'd start sharing. This afternoon it was an older vette. It was probably like a '90 or something like that. From about a 40 roll, I let him jump first and he had not a chance in the world!
'07 Jeep SRT8 - BWoody CAI, BWoody sway bar links, B&G Stage II tune, Borla "S" exhaust, GSM phenolic spacers, R1 cross drilled and slotted rotors, Satisfied GS6 pads, Vreds 275/315's, 20% tint, Eibachs and completely "Murdered!"

Last edited by LBCSRT8; 06-16-2009 at 09:56 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:50 PM
Elite Contributing Member

Past Saturday, a new kid in town with AWD SBSS "with a converter, headers, intake, tune" and temporary license plates wants to run em after filling up at the BP. I never raced a Snail with a converter yet, so I figured it would be a decent race. WRONG. Just like clock work the SRT put bus lengths on him from a dig as well as a 30 mph roll. Didn't get a chance to ask him about the details of his mods, but those were the quietest LTs I ever heard, not to mention the low RPM launch!

2002 Black Nissan Maxima SE
DD

1993 Black Camaro Z28, Built N20 Weekend Warrior
Old 06-17-2009, 12:48 PM

Just got my ass whipped big time and guess what, it was fun

3 consecutives signal lights and some clean 0-60 fun against a nice GTR.

The SRT8 was no contender but to be honest, the difference was not as much as I had imagined.

Huge grin on my face at the end. That can only happen if you respect your opponent I guess.

JF
Old 06-17-2009, 01:16 PM
Elite Contributing Member

Whooped a church van this morning from a stop light, guess what Jesus would drive?

2014 Porsche Cayenne GTS (on way)
Old 06-17-2009, 01:22 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CentralTexHemi View Post
Whooped a church van this morning from a stop light, guess what Jesus would drive?
Very nice. Of course he would drive what we drive
Old 06-19-2009, 07:38 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

Just leaving the dealership yesterday, came up on several kids in 09 M3, they were at the stop light. They looked over, shook their heads. The driver kept creeping up. Light turned green, ate em up.

Roll Out!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 06-20-2009, 11:20 AM

Had an encounter with a Z06 on the highway and we had a go at it between 60MPH and 130MPH.

Was great to see how much power the vette has.

Another loss with a smile.
Old 06-20-2009, 01:56 PM

Got into it with a GTO last night. He had a run on me, put a nose ahead and I reeled him in, putting one back on him. Came up on a turn and a LIGHT so we had to get out of it. Now we're sitting at a red light together and I'm thinking "Perfect!" I rev a bit to make sure he knows whats up and he revs back so I know it's on. Needless to say, I put so much distance on him that I just got out of it early! He wasn't too talkative but I did ask him which one it was and he said it was the 5.7 model. Oh well.
Old 06-21-2009, 09:43 AM

Took a buddy to lunch the other day. I'm on the 2 north to the 134 west. This is a 25 mph turn. As I get into the lane to hit the ramp this d***head in a 3 series BMW guns it cuts in front of me smiling as he goes by. I see him about turn and hit his brakes (big mistake). I tell my buddy this is where we separate guys who like DRIVING and idiots like me who don't take to being cut off to lightly. Right into the turn I downshift and nail it. I fly by him at 58 mph tires squealing Corsa just yelling "Bye little guy sorry you couldn't keep up". By the time we come out of the turn I'm way ahead but he then thinks "I'll catch him on the straight" but unfortunately he was WRONG!! My buddy who isn't a car guy is just in awe and says "WOW this thing is insane! Thanks for lunch"

by the way, off topic I just had these made any comments?

"The question was what does it take to beat a JGCSRT8, not run with one. This means all day, everyday. People can say what they want, reality is a b*tch when the light turns green"..................Signed, TBSS OWNER

Last edited by SRTOCHO; 06-21-2009 at 05:22 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.