Kill Of The Day - Page 2 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

» Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK1 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Discussion (2006-2010) > WK1 SRT8 General Discussion

WK1 SRT8 General Discussion This section contains general discussion relating to the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8.

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 05-24-2009, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonToBeSRT View Post
nice kill, they make a 2-wheel drive motorcycle? thatd be sick, pull pretty hard eh haha
http://www.christini.com/

Old 05-24-2009, 10:17 PM

Had a Ford Lightning pull next to me last week. He asked if I thought I could keep up I said I'll try. As I pulled a car and a half ahead then kept pulling on him we came to the next red light. He stopped and left a gap next to me and refused to pull up so I backed up and asked him how he thought I did oddly he just rolled up his window and ignored me. I've lost me a few and have always given props to the winner just out of respect. Heck I got my *** handed to me by some kid in a WRX STi and after he wanted me to pull over just to check out my Jeep.

Cool thread BTW!!

"The question was what does it take to beat a JGCSRT8, not run with one. This means all day, everyday. People can say what they want, reality is a b*tch when the light turns green"..................Signed, TBSS OWNER
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2009, 10:53 PM
Elite Contributing Member

I was pulling out of a gas station and noticed a SVT Lightning getting onto the highway so I decided to follow him and provoke him to play. Well, it didn't take long for him to take the bait. As I come up behind him, I notice him trying to pull away so I mat the pedal and notice him getting more aggressive because he can't shake me off his tail. I'm laughing the whole time. He had to slow down for another car so I slow down as well to let him catch up. He didn't wanna play anymore. I finally REALLY slow down to let him catch up but he wasn't biting. He eventually pulls up next to me and looks over with this pissed off stare and makes this aggressive sharp right to get off the highway at the next exit. Aren't those things supercharged?
Old 05-25-2009, 08:59 AM

Send a message via MSN to pjs1965
Had my first real 'stoplight drag' yesterday. Making a right turn onto a 4-lane road that borders a large State Park, I red Chevy SSR came up on me in the left lane. As I punched it to clear on-coming traffic, he gunned it too. He was doing at least 40-ish and I was maybe at 20mph as I straightened out of the right turn. I stood on my right foot and caught him after about 1/8th of a mile. Next stoplight, we nodded and it was on.
I don't think he ever had a chance When I got to about 3 car lengths ahead, I let off. He gave me a thumbs up as he passed me and turned left at the next light.
I haven't stopped grinning since I drove my SRT8 home but this made me LOL like a silly kid.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:31 AM

Ok I have the best one yet!!! Pull to a light just as it turns red. Sure enough a 07 Saleen Mustang pulls up next to me. I roll down my window and say "that's a nice stang you got there, want to go light to light?" He replies in a douch bag tone of voice" I don't think so!" as he looks my Jeep up and down."this is a SAALEEEEEENNNN Mustang, I paid alot of money not to lose races!" So I say"then let's try shall we" So the light goes green and well you know what happens next. As we get to the nest red light I'm 6 cars ahead of him, he rolls down his window and says "how?" I say "I know it's embarassing isn't it!!" And he rolls his window up just ssssoooooooo pissed off. SO LONG SUCKER!!!!!!!
Old 05-25-2009, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokanee13 View Post
Ok I have the best one yet!!! Pull to a light just as it turns red. Sure enough a 07 Saleen Mustang pulls up next to me. I roll down my window and say "that's a nice stang you got there, want to go light to light?" He replies in a douch bag tone of voice" I don't think so!" as he looks my Jeep up and down."this is a SAALEEEEEENNNN Mustang, I paid alot of money not to lose races!" So I say"then let's try shall we" So the light goes green and well you know what happens next. As we get to the nest red light I'm 6 cars ahead of him, he rolls down his window and says "how?" I say "I know it's embarassing isn't it!!" And he rolls his window up just ssssoooooooo pissed off. SO LONG SUCKER!!!!!!!
LOL thats pretty funny. Some people just don't understand no matter how much power you have it is useless with 2wd and street tires

Tuned by JerseyBoy and Terrorizing the Streets!
Old 05-25-2009, 02:04 PM

I wish I had they way he looked me up and down and said what he said on tape. He thought he was driving the fastest car in the world! Don't people who have sports cars know about the SRT8 Jeep?? Pic up a mag some day, read about what's out there....I don't get it, But I sure love it. This one was my fav of all time!!
Old 05-26-2009, 11:54 AM

Good stories so far guys.

Here is another one from today.

Just returning from Extreme Performance in Abu Dhabi where I had installed Kooks Headers, BWoody 3.5" CAI, 180 TStat and Diablosport tune.

On the way home, I drove in front of the Porsche dealership just when a Porsche Cayman S was coming out of the driveway for what seemed to be a test drive with the Sales Person.

I follow those guys on the highway and decide to line up beside them at roughly 50MPH, when the 2 guys saw me, they understood what I wanted and the driver happily decided to engage in the race. We accelerated from 50 to about 100MPH and there was never a contest as I took several car length on the Porsche. At the next exit, I got the thumbs up from the driver but the passenger (the sales guy) did not seem happy at all

What is the rest of the story?

Do you think this guy will buy the Porsche

Sorry, reality of life can be hard sometimes...

JF
Old 05-27-2009, 09:27 PM

“A race a day keeps the doctor away”. Isn’t what our mothers used to say?

Ok guys, I need your input on this one because what just happened has just left me absolutely delirious. Prior to this one, my favourite race to date was with a Porsche Cayenne Turbo S but this was until tonight, when I landed just beside an Audi R8 on my favourite strip in Abu Dhabi.

Remember this strip with 4 consecutive light signals? Well this guy with the Audi R8 was so up for it that we went at it 3 times for a total of 12 runs before I decided to call it quits.

Some numbers on my car before I proceed with the rest. With my latest mods, the car runs consistent 0-60 in 4.7sec and ¼ mile in 13.3. Keep in mind that this is at 100F +.

For whatever reason, for each of the 12 runs, the Audi R8 Emirati driver actually never floored it to start on the green light. He basically accelerated slowly up to about 20 miles per hour and then hit it every time. I basically waited for his move to hit it as well. Technically speaking, I am still a “virgin” with the SRT 8, meaning that I have still not lost a race. I know that my days are counted because of the type of cars surrounding me here and I was basically ready to get hammered by the R8.

But guess what? The Audi R8 never gained an inch on me between lets say 20 to approximately 80 miles per hour before we started decelerating to stop again. I could not believe it, the acceleration was exactly identical like I was racing against myself.

So here it is and I am seeking for your input. What in the h… happened here? Was I dealing with an inexperienced driver or what? I was really ready to be handed a good spanking but I guess it will have to wait until tomorrow…

Cheers

JF
Old 05-28-2009, 09:59 AM
Senior Contributing Member

^^^well they only have a 4.2 V8 with 420hp so while impressive yes they are not THAT great. The new one with the gallardo engine will be a different story.

Anyway the JEEP has way more torque than the audi so that has something to do with it. If you would have went above 80 the R8 would be pulling for sure. right around 70-80 is where the Jeep hits "the wall" if you will. Unless you have FI or Nitrous or Stroker.

Other Rides:
2007 997 Turbo...2009 CBR600RR

Past Rides:
2006 Corvette Z06............2011 WRX STi Wagon
2001 CBR600F4i................2010 335i (330rwhp)..
2010 Camaro SS...............2006 Lexus IS350......
2005 Saab 92x (280awhp)..2005 Corvette
2003 WRX (285awhp)........1986 Corvette
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.