Kill Of The Day - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK1 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Discussion (2006-2010) > WK1 SRT8 General Discussion

WK1 SRT8 General Discussion This section contains general discussion relating to the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8.

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 05-22-2009, 11:27 AM

Kill Of The Day

I thought it would be a great idea to have a sticky thread on our Kill of the day. A thread that would be updated daily with battle stories (the victories and failures of course) from around the globe.

I know I would check it daily if started.

Please add as many details as possible to set the mood and add videos if available.

Here is my favourite kill so far after 1 week with my new, still stock, Jeep SRT8.

I am driving in down on a road that I like to call drag alley because it is lined up with signal lights that are all synchronized to have you stop at each one unless you drive at 30 miles per hour. I live in Abu Dhabi, where your daily drivers are of the likes of Porsche 911 Turbo, all Mercedes AMGs and BMW M Series, Audi R8 and S Series, Ferraris, Bentleys, Lambos, GTRs and yes, even Bugatti Veyron. Those cars are not rare here, you see many of them every day (especially on drag alley ), expect for the Bugatti that you may see every week.

The classic story line on drag alley is that you nag the driver beside you at the first light to race and by the second light, he is usually on it and for the next 3 lights.

My most memorable race to date was with a very nicely done (Body kit) 2009 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S. Here, this car cost almost 2.5 times the price I paid for mine . I cannot get the guy (an Emirati) to do anything at the first light but after some nagging, he is ready at the next one. Off the start (traction control off, AC off (108F ), and autostick in 1st gear), the SRT 8, jumps faster and did have at least 2 car body length when it reached 60MPH. This scenario basically repeated itself for the next 3 signal light. What a feeling, I could not believe it laughing all the way to my next meeting.

Here it is folks, I have raced so far a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X, a G55AMG an ML63 AMG, a BMW 650i, a Lexus LS460, a Range Rover Supercharged but the Porsche Cayenne Turbo S was my highlight to date.

Cheers

JF
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2009, 01:00 PM
Elite Contributing Member

where are you from ????
Old 05-22-2009, 01:40 PM

he said abu dhabi

No question the upgrades to the 5.7L that went into production in last year are impressive, but... the fact that you had to include the "until" qualifier makes it pretty clear who the real winner is.- Team SRT
Old 05-22-2009, 02:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwboring View Post
he said abu dhabi
i think Oman is from there too and is woundering what part of Dhabi he is from.
Old 05-22-2009, 02:44 PM

OK heres my kill of all time to date.Its about 1:30pm and my brother and i are coming back from a doctors oppint in my jeep.Keep in mine i about 195 and my brother is about 210lb.I also have one of my employees behind me in a dakota.We are at a stop light and i glance over and a corvett zr1 with some awsome chrome wheels.I say to the guy thats the **** of all **** vetts.He saids yea 650hp,so i say do you want to find out he laughed and said yea i am already late for a meeting.Then i say are you sure,he says im gone at green.Well the road is 2 lane and about 1/4 mile long.My brother saids dude hes going to kill you.Well light turns green im gone could not see him.When i get home my emplyee said did you say something mean to him,i say know i think he pussed out on the race.My employee said that he almost it the center dived.So lets just say that he could not hook.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oman srt8 View Post
where are you from ????
I am Canadian. I have been here for 3 years with my family and we love it.

I love to drive here. The roads are beautiful and Emiratis and arabs in general drive in general faster and yes, better than people do back home.

I have been to Muscat a few times. Oman is such a beautiful country.

Regards

JF
Old 05-22-2009, 11:59 PM

STICKY THIS FOR SURE, 100% GREAT IDEA, these are my favorite reads of the day lol, great entertainment and that is what this forum is partially about, life is less fun without it
Old 05-23-2009, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFT View Post
I am Canadian. I have been here for 3 years with my family and we love it.

I love to drive here. The roads are beautiful and Emiratis and arabs in general drive in general faster and yes, better than people do back home.

I have been to Muscat a few times. Oman is such a beautiful country.

Regards

JF
ok .. hope to see you in oman soon if you need anything gest pm me ..

Regards

MIN
Old 05-24-2009, 01:06 PM
Senior Contributing Member

I ended up next to a brand new Honda CB1000r at a redlight a couple hours ago and rolled down my window to see if he wanted to go and he laughed a bit and said yes!

Lights turn green and BADDABIM BADDABOFF i hit it just as it turns green and he`s not that ready as i was so i take 2-3 car lengths before he even starts to roll and by the time he has some speed im already 4-5 cars ahead and i slow down just to don`t get blown by

I take a right at the next turn and he turns too and drives up to my window and says "WOW that`s some car you have man!"
Me "YEP it got some power under the hood, about 450hp!"
Him "mine is restricted/restrained? to 125hp but it has the same engine as the fireblade!"
Me "Cool bike, streetfighter look rules"
Him " How bout the MPG?"
ME " Cant talk any longer!! Running out of gas as we speaks!!" LOL

Any way nice kill and if he would have been a good driver he should`ve smoked me completely
Audi rs4 tuned 440hp
MB slk32 amg tuned 550hp
Audi s2 tuned 500hp
Porsche 996 gt3
Lancia delta integrale tuned 500hp
Ford lightning tuned 450hp
And lots of lots of ricers=D
Old 05-24-2009, 07:03 PM

nice kill, they make a 2-wheel drive motorcycle? thatd be sick, pull pretty hard eh haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.