"Official" (wink wink) Spotted Thread - Page 5 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK1 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Discussion (2006-2010) > WK1 SRT8 General Discussion

WK1 SRT8 General Discussion This section contains general discussion relating to the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8.

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-02-2006, 10:33 AM

Re: "Official" (wink wink) Spotted Thread

Spotted: Black GC SRT8 going from 394W->100S this morning at 8:15 am.

If I didn't know any better, I would have thought it was me!! Anyone here?

You probably didn't see me, as I was 6 or so cars back on the clover leaf. You might have caught me for a second in your rear view when you hit the 2nd 100S merge lane, as I jumped that lane too, in attempt to catch up with you. But two very slow cars jumped in front of me, and I had to Brembo her down, big-time! I was really moving...

I was thinking I would catch up to you once the traffic-kludge opened up at Excelsior, but you were long gone by the time I got there.

Man these things are really noticeable when you spot one from behind in the daylight. I saw the general look, then the tires, then the bumper lights and was able to positively id this beast in about 2 seconds!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2006, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSRT-8
There are a few here in Calgary, Canada. I have seen 4 Black, 1 Silver and 1 Red, one of them being mine......got to love the power.
Holy crap, another calgarian!

I've seen 1 silver, 1 black and 2 red (one of which being mine).

I cruised by a guy in a black one a few weeks ago in the NW near Shaganappi Trail. I was heading to bowness for supper with the g/f and accidently had to cut him off to make my turn in time since his Jeep caught me off guard! I honked as I drove off, hopefully he wasn't too annoyed.

Then on thursday of last week I was following a Red SRT8 onto Deerfoot south from 16th ave in my dad's 05 Duramax GMC and wished I was in my Jeep at that moment. Especially since I saw that he still had the stock exhaust, I could have given him abit of a drive by .

How are the crappy roads treating you so far?

Last edited by danman_s; 11-02-2006 at 10:50 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2006, 11:24 AM
Elite Contributing Member

Send a message via Yahoo to GodfatherSRT8

Saw an Inferno red this morning around 10 a.m. on Lincoln ave in Lincolnwood IL. First one I have seen in that color. Anyone in here??
Old 11-02-2006, 11:50 AM

I saw a Bright Silver one going East on Route 422 in Cleveland, OH. Also I saw another Bright Silver one on at a Wedding Party (In a Tent) @ Sussex Court in Aurora, OH. And last but not least I saw a Black one on Route 91 & Route 20 Intersection in Willoughby, OH. And I thought I was the only one to have one around here. Atleast the only one who is on this message board atleast, I wish some others would speak up so we could get together, and smoke some Blazer SS's...
08' GT500

Last edited by mabosc223; 11-02-2006 at 12:19 PM.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:07 PM

Saw a Red one in Toronto on the 401!
Old 11-04-2006, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabosc223
I wish some others would speak up so we could get together, and smoke some Blazer SS's...
Feeling is mutual, I've only seen two SRT's on the road so far. Both have been on Mayfield Rd.
'03 Saleen Mustang Vert.
'09 G8 Gt - 447rwhp / 411rwtq (Mustang dyno), GTS conversion
Old 11-04-2006, 10:56 PM

We were in chicago last weekend for the bears game (go Bears) and did not see one srt, i was pretty disapointed. Lots and lots of them inferior range rovers but no srt's i could not believe it. So if ya saw a black srt from ohio it was me. We stayed at the marriot on n. michigan ave. By the way you chicago drivers a f'in crazy if you were to drive that way in toledo ohio you would get beat down. lol. No kills on the wat to and fro had the old lady on board (the owner of the srt) I try to tell her that everybody that is next to us wants to race but she dont believe it. Go figure. By the way go BEARS lookin for 8-0 tomorrow.
Old 11-05-2006, 06:25 PM

I saw a black SRT8 at the Ontario, CA airport on 10/30 around 11:40 am. I heard it pull up as I exited terminal two. Unfortunatly I was in a hurry to get to the car rental and didn't have the opportunity to introduce myself. I don't think it was stock. It sounded a louder than mine. Either that or my ears were still shot from the flight.
Old 11-06-2006, 11:46 AM
Major Contributing Member

Saw a new 07 in the new red color this morning at my dealer. It's just sitting there screaming "buy me!" I know some folks don't like the new color but I thought it looked awesome!
Old 11-06-2006, 06:34 PM
Major Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlandbl
Saw a new 07 in the new red color this morning at my dealer. It's just sitting there screaming "buy me!" I know some folks don't like the new color but I thought it looked awesome!
Went back to the dealer tonight to pick my car up from service, the 07 was sold already. Got a close up look. The front and rear areas that are black on the 06's but painted on the 07's are definitely textured, not smooth. Looks like they just painted the black textured areas. I do like the look.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.