"Official" (wink wink) Spotted Thread - Page 4 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK1 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Discussion (2006-2010) > WK1 SRT8 General Discussion

WK1 SRT8 General Discussion This section contains general discussion relating to the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8.

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10-24-2006, 08:17 AM
Major Contributing Member

Re: "Official" (wink wink) Spotted Thread

Spotted the first Black one (besides mine) on Hulmville Rd in Bensalem, PA yesterday at around 5 PM. Anyone here?

I wasn't in the beast as I was on my way home from the airport after coming back from a very upsetting trip to watch a 62 yard field goal by the Bucs beat my team at the last second
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2006, 08:03 PM

I don't know about you guys, but when I see a new post on this thread, I read it hoping someone spotting me cookin around. Like I've said before, only seen 1 other on the road. I drive about 60 miles a day round trip in the most congested part of NJ. I also hope I spot another and can post on the thread.
Old 10-25-2006, 06:06 AM

[QUOTE=barho]Maybe not official, but I hadn't seen one yet so I figured I'd post one.

So starting from now onward, post when you spot another GC SRT8. snip}

My .02 suggestion
I have been a member of Dakota R/T for 8 years and got them to start a
"you've been spotted" membership drive. Here's how it works.

The moderator adds a link to go print an 8.5 X 11 sheet that is full of business card size images that say<> You have been spotted, by a member of XX forum.com come check us out etc.

You print it, cut em up and put in your glove box. Next time you see one parked anywhere you slip it under the wiper, in the door glass etc.

Yes there will be the occasional freak <> get away from my ride, but
I have never had that reaction, and hand them to the owner IF I see them with their ride. The one thing they never got done was a fill in the space before printing to put your E-addy or your forum name as their sponsor/invitee
to welcome them to the site, or answer questions about the forum.

Use it if you like, PM me if you have questions about it.
DB
Charter member 26 DRTC
00 Dakota R/T 408 Stroker
Old 10-25-2006, 08:13 AM

I like Buck70's idea.

I also think we need either this thread or a similar one "pinned" so it stays visible. Don't want to have to keep bumping it.

Can the moderator do this?
Old 10-25-2006, 10:52 AM

Read my previous posts - I'm going to need hundreds of those flyers.

Damn, there he is AGAIN!
Old 10-25-2006, 02:29 PM

I see them all over Denver. I have a red one in Aurora, and I see another red one around my area as well as a black one all the time. Also a red one in parker at the lowe's home improvement center.
Old 10-26-2006, 04:38 PM

I don't know what's up lately in the South Hills of Pittsburgh...before I got my GCSRT8 in August, I had only ever seen two other SRT8's of any make on the road before...back in March I saw a red SRT8 Charger at South Hills Village shopping center, and in April I saw a black GCSRT8 with West Virginia plates on I-79. But, until yesterday, I had never seen another SRT8 vehicle on the road (and I do a fair amount of traveling for my job!!!).

Yesterday, waiting to pull out from my office onto Route 60 (near the I-79 interchange) I saw a black Charger SRT8 drive by on Route 60. I was in my wife's Envoy at the time and, by the time I got the green light, he was long gone anyway.

Now, today, I had just pulled out of my office onto Route 60, and I saw a GCSRT8 sitting on the I-79 Northbound Off-Ramp. Just caught sight of it at the last minute as I drove by, so I couldn't tell if it was the new Steel Blue or Black. At least I was in my GCSRT8 today...was it anyone here???

Man...had only seen two in the last eight months...now I see two in two days...what's happening to our exclusivity!!!
Old 10-26-2006, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by z28plus
I see them all over Denver. I have a red one in Aurora, and I see another red one around my area as well as a black one all the time. Also a red one in parker at the lowe's home improvement center.

I am in Fort Collins. I have seen a Red one on I-70 and a Black one at the Zoo. I have a Silver one. Apparently the dealer here said there are 3 in Fort Collins.... never seen one!!
Old 10-26-2006, 08:17 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

Caught one today in Westfield, NJ in the home depot parking lot, I parked next to it, a nice steel blue, and took a few cell phone pics of the two together, turns out a woman walked out and was driving it, she kept raving about how fast it was, and I kept looking sadly at how dirty her wheels were, at least she appreciates the engine! I actually told her about our little community, hopefully she'll pop up, she needs a nicer antenna!
Old 10-27-2006, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghpablacksrt8
I don't know what's up lately in the South Hills of Pittsburgh...before I got my GCSRT8 in August, I had only ever seen two other SRT8's of any make on the road before...back in March I saw a red SRT8 Charger at South Hills Village shopping center, and in April I saw a black GCSRT8 with West Virginia plates on I-79. But, until yesterday, I had never seen another SRT8 vehicle on the road (and I do a fair amount of traveling for my job!!!).

Yesterday, waiting to pull out from my office onto Route 60 (near the I-79 interchange) I saw a black Charger SRT8 drive by on Route 60. I was in my wife's Envoy at the time and, by the time I got the green light, he was long gone anyway.

Now, today, I had just pulled out of my office onto Route 60, and I saw a GCSRT8 sitting on the I-79 Northbound Off-Ramp. Just caught sight of it at the last minute as I drove by, so I couldn't tell if it was the new Steel Blue or Black. At least I was in my GCSRT8 today...was it anyone here???

Man...had only seen two in the last eight months...now I see two in two days...what's happening to our exclusivity!!!
Besides the other Black GCSRT8 that shares my parking lot, I've only seen one other SRT vehicle (another GC) in the North Hills of Pittsburgh. Its possible that you could see me on 60 going to or from the airport or going up and down I79 occasionally. I was even at the South Hills Village mall in early October. But still, up this way, I see alot of R/Ts and lesser models but no SRTs. I'm not even sure that anyone knows what they are. I get the occasional stare but I think its because of the front of the vehicle or the wheels and not because people know its an SRT.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.