Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

First time at the track - DH lies!!!

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  OurZoo 
#1 ·
So after being fooled by the Dashhawk into thinking my truck was running low to mid 12s i finally got a real time at Atco on monday 3/24/08. Some friends of mine had a rental that day so i joined them. after all the hoopla about the dashhawks being inaccurate i used it on a few of my runs. ATCO says 12.8 DH says 12.4 and the DH beeps way after the trap. that made no sense to me - i would have thought that it would have ended early. no wheel spin as the track was prepped very nicely. in fact i wish it was a bit less prepped as i did not seem to get the 60' times under 1.8. oh well in any event my best time was a 12.76 at 106.1. it was around 50 degrees and 30% humidity. here is the clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIjkrLnKBGc

next time i will try to pull the ABS fuse and relocate the IAT sensor.

this experience was definitely a blast. oh yeah, and i beat an SS Camaro :D

#4 ·
time to change your sig! lol! good times! definatly pull the fuse! should help for 1/10th or 2....... my best so far is 12.88 with the predator, snorkel mod, 180 tsat... but that was in 75F in florida!... I seem to always get better numbers by brake stalling though?

#6 ·
...I my opinon.........................and from what I have heard??????

In auto-stick, the Jeep will shift a little better, harder, and maybe even a little higher?

see signature...LOL... just kidding.

#7 ·
im going to keep the sig (there's a DH disclaimer) LOL. anyway im pretty happy with a 12.76 for just bolt ons.

i was definitely in the bottom of the pack with the bunch i went out with. some dude ran a 9.43 and was happy that he got to deploy his parachute. he was also happy he had a wheelie bar or that bad boy would have flipped over.

2 folks who werent that happy were the owners of a cobra mustang and a z06 who never made it past the launch on their first pass. broken cam. ouch.

thanks guys.

#10 ·
I think MikeT means let it autoshift at redline.

He advice is good. He took me from a 13.3 to 13.1 at the track last Friday. Pulled the fuse and used autostick mode.

If I can master the 1500 rpm brake stall on the first yellow, I can lose a little more...

I aspire to get the 12.8 he got in our Florida heat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.