Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

182 WK2 jeeps are in inventory

30K views 160 replies 47 participants last post by  SRTBLK 
#1 ·
Jeep just changed the search inventory feature of their shopping tools menu. Trying to select just SRT8s did not work for me. So I chose SHOW: 50 vehicles per page, and sorted by MSRP. I also selected over 200 miles as the distance, to get all inventory in the U.S. The SRT8 Jeeps were on the last pages. I counted 3 full pages, 20 on the last page, and 12 on the first page which had SRT8's (hence the 182). I know the list is not quite accurate - e.g., Videon and Spirit have sold their Jeeps.

I was surprised to see so many - a few days ago there were only 44 (but that was using the old search feature, which had a max of 200 miles distance).

So using the apples and apples theory, I changed the distance on the new search feature to 200 miles, and I counted 64.

So either the old feature was flawed, or the new feature is flawed, or.....they are really cranking out these Jeeps!!

#4 ·
#5 · (Edited)
re

They need to lower that MSRP about 10grand ....they'll have to lower it when theres still dust on them jeeps come mid-summer. Who in there right mind would pay 70k for a Jeep?...I hate to do it but the Z06 is looking better and better, even the 2012 shelby 650hp, Now thats what 60+ thousand should be......

#13 ·
Inventory update.

Inventory for SRT8 Jeeps is now 175, down 13. What is surprising is that the inventory for all Grand Cherokees is down 700 vehicles. (Select 50 per page, now there are only 340 pages; a few days ago, there were 354 pages).

#11 ·
So if you're serious about getting a Jeep, could you just walk into the dealership advertising at $80k, with the one listed at $55k, and ask them to match the price?

Seems reasonable, although I already know what their response would be. First a cheap line about this being some sort of ultra-low "special edition". When that fell through, they'd tell you a line about "they're only getting one or two... etc... etc..."; then when you ask them why they can't just transfer one of the 180+ collecting dust, or just ORDER one of the thousands that haven't been built yet... they'd go into a backstepping tyraid about what the market demands or something, before disappearing behind a maze of cubicles and glass to go "talk to the manager". In which case they'd try to sucker you for a little bit less.

I know their game so well its like predicting planetary movement.

The more that collect dust, the more the "gotta have it" crowd doesn't "have to have it", and the price is destined for the $40's sooner than later.... woohoo, I can't wait!

Reactions: 5000XD
#15 ·
With so many supposed WK2's out there, it puzzles me why people still preorder and put up with the anguish of having to wait months, not to mention worrying about whether their dealer will honor their price protection.

#16 ·
Price protection is one thing, for people that didn't pre-order, sometimes get a better deal than buying off the lot. Many dealers want sticker+ right now

#24 · (Edited)
but I thought these were sitting on lots collecting dust, and there were going to be a ton around come April/May??

P.S. December was the largest production month so far, with the most vehicles built, shipped and delivered to dealers. How many? Lets just saw waaaay more than 148 ;) They did that in roughly 6 line production days of SRT builds.

#25 · (Edited)
Yeah, to me, all this talk about WK2's "collecting dust" and not selling is just nonsense.

If anything, I'm willing to bet that as spring and summer comes around (esp. after more people get a chance to see and feel the cars in person in the upcoming auto shows), the WK2's will be more in demand (not less) and they will be harder to come by.

The economy is improving. Auto sales have never been better. Ford and Chrysler have posted record profits. I'm willing to bet that when it's all said and done, the WK2 will be another smashing success in the Jeep lineup.

#33 ·
If anything, I'm willing to bet that as spring and summer comes around (esp. after more people get a chance to see and feel the cars in person in the upcoming auto shows), the WK2's will be more in demand (not less) and they will be harder to come by.
The highest demand is always in the first 6 months or so of release, after that it would be rare to see the demand level increase, especially since the supply is continually increasing. The demand for the WK1 when released was much greater than that of the WK2, yet at any time during the entire generation buyers for the most part had no trouble finding one. Jeep will have no problem eventually selling all of the WK2's that it builds for this model year, but due mainly to the pricing I doubt you'll ever see buyers lined up outside dealerships waiting to buy them. Had the WK2 been more fairly priced (at ~$50k for example), it'd probably be a whole different story. Since SRT has alienated most of their first gen buyers, they are having to for the most part find "new" buyers.

#32 ·
Boost in production?

#34 · (Edited)
Every time I see this thread I look for one nearby me. THEN I think of the prehistoric nav system and the $64 sticker.
I then go look at Charger SRT's and find them for $48k.........$16 grand less and faster.
I do like the Jeep very much however.......

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#35 ·
Well you're comparing a SUV to a sedan.....2 completely different vehicles.

If you don't have the need for a bigger vehicle or AWD, save money and get the Charger.

#40 ·
Well then, you don't need 2 SUV's, do you?

I would get a Charger or 300 and if traction's a problem, get a set of snow tires.

#43 ·
I think its too early in production to read anything out of these availability numbers yet. Maybe by mid 2012 when the 2013's start rolling into production, if there is a substantial amount left on the lots, it will affect the 2013 offers.

As for the Charger v Jeep debate... the WK1 was faster than all the LXs, nothing compromised, enough said.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.