Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Jeep SRT8 Engine Diaper from DJ Safety Equip.!!

4K views 24 replies 16 participants last post by  Apps 
#1 ·
On the way to me is an Engine Diaper made for the Jeep SRT8. I will be test fitting this on my Jeep and we will be offering the for sale after the fitment. DJ Racing Safety Equipment actually made this for the LX's but was sent a Jeep oil pan instead so WIN WIN for us!! Pricing is still TBD. Once I fit it and say it's good, we are good to go and a FOR SALE thread will be created.

After the recent disaster at MIR with Mike Smith's Blue Bee..... we all have been pretty lucky. You never know what can happen. It's time we stop making them faster and start concentrating on making them a little safer!

See less See more
#9 ·
The idea here is to catch the oil/parts in the event of an engine failure. Last thing you want is your rear tires getting soaked with oil and losing control which is what happened to Mike Smith. They also have a Kevlar version available.

As to ease of install..... dunno. Haven't gotten mine yet to install it Keoni. ;)

Car can still be DD'd with it. It will retain some heat with it though. It is after all a blanket. There are quick release type connectors so it should be easily removable. I think the hardest part about it will be setting up the straps the first time to get it fit correctly. After that, it should be a simple unsnap when you don't want to use it.

Again..... I have not seen mine yet but it was shipped to me today. We will have more answers hopefully by the end of the week or this weekend.

#14 · (Edited)
I've got a DJ safety trans blanket and can say they make great stuff! Although the trans blanket is one hell of a pain in the ass to install, after watching BJB's old video of bad carma that was enough to convince me to spend the coin!

After seeing the pics of Mike's blue bee I'll be adding the diaper for sure.

#16 ·
We will be offering the DJ's diapers for all MOPARs and all pans as well as all their other equipment they sell also. They're even making me my parachutes as well. Wait until you see the custom chute I'm getting. It will be the sickest set of boobs I mean chute you've ever seen. :D :D

#17 ·
harrison, maybe im retarded (crazier shit has happened) but how is this holding itself to the engine still with the clasps up top. i understand it mounts up top and then adjust the straps for snug fitment but cant figure out where theyre mounting

#24 ·
Mine was a relevant and accurate statement. Yours was a thread crap aimed directly at me. As for cars taking time, Steve much?

As for using the product, I do have a question as to whether something like this can be used on a street strip car as a daily driver. I agree that it seems like something for the track only. We all know how difficult the drivers side header bolts are to get to. Still good to see that safety products are available. Same on the tranny blankets. Any folks using them on daily drivers? I know the exhaust pipes run close to the tranny pan and the turbo set ups are no exception to that. Really highlights the stepping off point for a street strip car when you start needing things that seem more street than strip.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.