Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Desperately need a service shop in Southern California (LA/Santa Barbara area)

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  jim383 
#1 ·
Please,

Does anyone have a recommendation. All of the actual dealers that are close to me (Crown Dodge and Shaver Auto) have terrible service departments.

I just can't come to terms with bringing my baby to them. Unfortunately, I really don't have the means to do the $60k cooling system flush and Transmission service. I do all the other services myself tho.

I'm concerned with someone messing with the tranny that isn't a dealer due to the procedure needed to properly fill it.

Anyone have a shop they can honestly recommend with actual experience with?

Thanks,
Jason from Santa Barbara!

#3 ·
I have Shaver jeep do all my work on all mine and my kids cars when needed and i have there top guy (TONY) do all the work no matter what it is and i also use only KEIR as the service advisior as he also has a srt8. I have never had a problem with there service.

#4 · (Edited)
Interesting. I actually purchased my SRT8 from them as a CPO a few years back. Terrible salesman (are any good, haha) who played repeated games during the process. Guess that is to be expected, but I almost walked out during it.

Couple things about the service department really set me off based on 2 simple items that needed to be repaired that we identified during the sale and they agreed to take care of:

1. The front skirt bracket (drivers side) was bent pulling the front valance in a bit. I asked that they pull it off and straighten it or replace
    • They claimed they could not straighten it and it would cost to much to replace
    • Took me all of five minutes once Jeep was lifted to unbolt, hammer straight and put back on.
  2. The rear exhaust tips were all crooked. I asked that they straighten those. They said they would spend up to $250 man hours to do this.
    • Service department came back and said the muffler had to be replaced and cost too much.
    • Took me 30minutes (by myself) and loosening (2) bolts to straighten the tips
Apparently they 'DON'T' know how to work on vehicles and the SRT8 specifically.

Maybe I'm too critical, but I find it really hard to trust dealers after the experiences I have had.

#6 ·
Jim is standup, follow his advice I can't see him steering you wrong. It never hurts to name drop either.

#9 ·
Thanks for the info, My wifes family lives down in Hacienda Heights, so if Shaver doesn't pan out for me I think I can swing going there as well!

Much appreciated!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.