Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

2012 WK2 To Enter 2011 Bullrun

10K views 67 replies 27 participants last post by  yaccster 
#1 ·
This starts today. Anyone in the area or along the route???

--------------
All-new 2012 Jeep® Grand Cherokee SRT8® to enter Bullrun with pro racer Robby Gordon

• The most powerful, technologically advanced, high-performance Jeep vehicle ever
  • Best performing Jeep vehicle ever will be available during third-quarter of 2011
  • 2011 Bullrun road rally to run from Las Vegas, Nev. to Miami, Fla. starting Friday, July 8
July 8, 2011 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - The most powerful, technologically advanced, high-performance Jeep® vehicle ever – the all-new 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8® will participate in the 2011 Bullrun road rally with professional race driver Robby Gordon behind the wheel. Not available until the third-quarter of this year, the 2012 Grand Cherokee SRT8 will be a stand out amongst the other entries typically consisting of exotic sport and luxury vehicles.

“This is a fantastic opportunity to highlight the capabilities of the 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8,” said Mike Manley, President and CEO — Jeep Brand, Chrysler Group LLC. “With Robby Gordon pushing the limits, the world will see that the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 really is the ultimate performance SUV. Never before has there been such an expression of Jeep capability and utility, world-class performance, luxury and refinement, and advanced innovative technology in one vehicle.”

The 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 is equipped with Chrysler Group’s all-new 6.4-liter HEMI® V-8 with Fuel Saver Technology that delivers an estimated 470 horsepower and 465 lb.-ft. of torque – an improvement of 45 horsepower and 45 lb.-ft. torque over the 6.1-liter HEMI V-8 it replaces. The best handling Jeep vehicle ever features a new SRT-tuned, adaptive damping suspension managed by the new Jeep Selec-Track system that interacts with several different systems (stability control, adaptive damping, transmission shift strategy, transfer case torque proportioning, Electronic Limited Slip Differential performance, throttle control and cylinder de-activation) to automatically tune the dynamics of the vehicle.

The Bullrun Live Rally is the most glamorous and high profile of the new breed of high-end luxury lifestyle automotive rallies. Each year, a hundred of the world's finest super-cars embark on an epic eight-day rolling party across the USA - bringing together a celebrity strewn cast of characters for an unforgettable adventure. Participants start each day not knowing where they will be heading next. This year’s rally takes place from July 8th- July 15th starting in Las Vegas, Nev. and ending in Miami, Fla.
-------------------

Bernie

See less See more
#3 ·
Nice to see the Jeep being highlighted on TV, don't care too much for the BullRun format though, a little too scripted for my taste.

Before the tV show it would nice if Chrysler got off their butt and released pricing, since WE ARE IN the third quarter of 2011.

#6 ·
#12 ·
Been checking out the Bullrun site, but IMO not much there yet.

http://bullrun.com/

I can't find anything about live feeds other than it will all be recorded "live" but not shown until November 2011 on MTV.

Did not know this:
The entry fee for the rally is $20k per team. This fee covers you and your co-driver for the duration of the rally. The fee includes accommodations at 5-star hotels, 1st class meals, epic parties, and admission to Bullrun’s impressive schedule of events for the 2011 rally.

#18 ·
Man, I love these runs.... I'll need to see when they are coming thru Palm Beach county... or where they are stopping in Miami. I wouldn't mind getting some footage to post!

#21 ·
Great ink for the vehicle, but that Jeep will have some trouble keeping up on the actual legs or the large tack laps at the skill stops. Last year's winner for the highest trap at the large circle raceway was a CTS-V at about 180. Most of those guys keep it at 160 to 180 on the legs and have cars that are slowish by our standards down low but are top end monsters.

Had lunch this week wtih captain and driver for Team Lucky Nutz, last year's top finisher, who is from New Orleans. Another high school friend is picking up the Austin to NO leg. His ferrari driving experience should come in handy. They are sporting a Renntech'ed CL600 Biturbo and that may not be the fastest car out there:eek:. Will certainly be at the New Orleans party next week.

#24 ·
I can't believe no one has snapped and uploaded some footage of Robby Gordon and the Jeep. I know he's not the highest profile member on the Bull Run, but he's got to be up there.

#27 ·
Jeep SRT8 finished 26th out of 100. Robby Gordon isn't driving the Jeep. Someone else is. Robby Gordon got pulled over twice and still finished 30th.
Hopefully they switch drivers. Robby will get out of most tickets. I bet the other guys are too afraid to get a ticket and drove "slow"

#32 ·
looks sick! i noticed on the bull run site that speeding was "not allowed" although i always thought the whole point of the show was to get from point A to point B before everyone else, which would mean, you have to speed. Should be interesting tho. Not too long ago they stopped here where i live, Alamogordo NM, a town i bet most of you have never heard of, so it was pretty cool to see them come thru here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.