Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Corsa exhaust

32K views 150 replies 43 participants last post by  GenevaSRT8 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,

I dropped my Jeep off today at Corsa and took a quick tour of the factory. I'm definitely excited to see what this kit can do for our Jeep! They are using 4.5" tips and using the black diamond finish.

After taking a tour of the factory, I was just super impressed with their attention to detail. The employees all seemed to love working there.

I will post pictures for everyone when I get it back and hopefully a video of the sound. Hopefully one of the last steps before this is available to the public. I will ask my contact there when I pick up my Jeep when they expect to release it.

See less See more
#140 ·
Digging my custom Borla setup :D forgot all about Corsa and others while waiting for a cat back to be released.

Sent from my iPhone 5

#146 ·
I sent corsa an e mail. It read...Hey guys. What exactly is going on with the development of this system. I'm seeing cars like the zl1 and 2013 gt 500 which were manufactured after my vehicle was released. Yet still no system for my jeep. How can that be? You guys are the official mopar exhaust manufactures. What's the point of being exclusive to Chrysler while companies like borla and magna flow arnt, but still have available systems. But if a bought a Ford or Chevy I would be enjoying my f....ing exhaust system right now. Offer at least an axel back setup for the jeep. Or tell Ralph Gilles to get his sh.t together. It doesn't take years to reflash a damn computer. Or release the system anyway and when the flash is available, send it out. Or u could tell Chrysler to take a hike since clearly they are doing you guys no favors. For every borla or crap magna flow system that gets sold, it's one less Corsa system that won't. Then ill have to pay more for the system to off set ur manufacturing cost most likely. So. As u can tell I'm upset. I would like some answers for being patient customer who is waiting for "ur" system. I think I should get an exclusive release discount price on the
system for being a faithful, patient, repeat customer. How do you feel about all of the above. Thank you for ur time and DETAILED response.

Their response ....

John,
On behalf of CORSA Performance Exhaust, we want to thank you for your support and patience. That being said, this system is very difficult to make, both acoustically and overall fitment. Like I’m sure was mentioned before, this system is a top priority. We are making a complete cat back system and will not release something to market that is not up to our engineering standards. I understand your frustration. Believe me, we are anxious to release this as well. Our team of engineers are working hand in hand with all necessary parties to get this system launched, but unfortunately it is taking a little longer than planned. Like I mentioned though, we will not release something that is not up to our standard. I have added you to our active database and as soon as the system is released, we will be sure to reach out to you and let you know. If you have any questions or anything is unclear, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks,
Timothy J. Mansell
Business Development Representative
Corsa Performance Exhaust
A TMG Performance Products Company
P: (440)274-5083
F: (440) 891-1868
tmansell@corsaperf.com
www.corsaperformance.com

#148 · (Edited)
My guess is that Corsa is focused on creating a catback that'll work on a stock Jeep, and to sound good in both 4 and 8 cylinder modes. I still don't think it should be taking them this long though. Maybe it is just political at this point between Corsa and Mopar. Obviously Corsa had an exhaust on the One Lap Jeep. They gotta have something?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#150 · (Edited)
Yeah, their answer hasn't really changed over the year.

#151 ·
Could it be that they eventually want one system covering both the 2012-13 and the 2014+ with the new 8-speed, so they stalled the whole process to be able to test their catback on the '14?
This would tie in with an April release, assuming Mopar made some pre-production '14 available for testing already.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.