Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

A question about the borla and a question about the site

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  ShaneN. 
#1 ·
Ok I've always wanted to ask this but I never have - for some reason this forum is realllly slow for me. It seems to take really long to get into a topic and then going "back" to the list i was previously in (usually new posts). I think a great part of this is due to the page it seems to pop up after cliking a link with a little square that says "click to get premium". Is it redirecting to that page before going to where you clicked (when a basic member)? If that goes away and clicking between topics speeds up, it's worth the sign up fee alone. :p

Also, totally different subject, but does the borla S catback replaced the section in the stock exhaust that has the reso's? Or is it possible to have borla catback installed and the reso's are still in place? if so, is there any videos of how it sounds with and without?

#3 ·
I believe you lose alot of the adds if you upgrade so makes sense speeding up. I don't find it to bad. As for the exhaust... no idea man, never heard of someone just replacing the center suitcase with a borla muffler. Probably to much fab work for someone to go at it.

#4 ·
The Borla exhaust has new resonators(2) that come complete with the cat-back system. Like 1BAMFR said, its a direct bolt on replacement.

#8 ·
ok, i wasn't sure where along the exhaust the resonators were. so the new system comes with resonators on it. do people cut those out and weld in straight pipe, like they seem to do with the stock exhaust? i'd like to hear how they sound with and without.

Probably best to start a new thread for your exhaust concerns in the Intake/Exhaust section - http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98.

As for the site slowness, yes a Premium Member subscription will definately speed things up as you're able to turn the following off in your User CP:

• IntelliTXT Ads
  • Sidebar on Thread Pages
  • Sidebar on Forum Pages
You would also get a 500 Private Message capacity. This is a free site and all areas of the board are open to all members. We don't actively promote the Premium Membership here and you do so on your own free will. Although RARELY used, we have a forum called "Premium Members Only", but anyone who is a Premium Member will tell you there's not much going on in there.

Bernie
basically what i was getting at was that after clicking pretty much anything, there is an intermittent screen that has the red square dead in the center that cays "click here to get premium". so it doesn't seem to go directly to the page you click.

#11 ·
same here...no issues.

#7 ·
Probably best to start a new thread for your exhaust concerns in the Intake/Exhaust section - http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98.

As for the site slowness, yes a Premium Member subscription will definately speed things up as you're able to turn the following off in your User CP:

• IntelliTXT Ads
  • Sidebar on Thread Pages
  • Sidebar on Forum Pages
You would also get a 500 Private Message capacity. This is a free site and all areas of the board are open to all members. We don't actively promote the Premium Membership here and you do so on your own free will. Although RARELY used, we have a forum called "Premium Members Only", but anyone who is a Premium Member will tell you there's not much going on in there.

Bernie

#10 ·
@ShaneN.

Some people will delete the resonators for some more sound, but adds the potential for more drone. You should listen to one with long tubes:D

#12 ·
Seams fast to me .......

#13 ·
that site is noticeably faster as of today for me. it still goes to an "interim" page that has a "button" to click on to upgrade to a paid member that probably only goes away if you pay - but it's much faster today for some reason.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.