Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

I pulled the trigger

1K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  palo alto dave 
#1 ·
Well, I did it. I take delivery of a Silver 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 on Tuesday February 20th. It only has the SRT1 option, but I'll be adding an aftermarket stereo w/ nav as soon as I get a second. In case anyone's wondering, I paid about 100 bucks over invoice at 1400 Motors in Nashua, NH.

The first thing that stuck out to me when I laid eyes on the car was the fact that the wheel-well gap that I was anticipating to be hideous looking, was not bad at all. FYI, I DO have the aluminum SRT door sill panels. I suppose I got lucky there.

Thanks for the HUGE amounts of helpful info. I've found on here over the past few months while making my decision. I'm sure I'll have lots more questions and other things that pop up and I know exactly where I'll be going to find out what I need to know!

I can't wait to see you guys on the road :)

#5 ·
Thanks guys.

Timster, where in Mass. are you? I grew up in Lowell.

#6 ·
STEVE said:
Thanks guys.

Timster, where in Mass. are you? I grew up in Lowell.

I'm in Woburn. There are some other folks on the board that live in the area also. We'll all have to meet up some time when the weather gets better..

#7 ·
Woburn huh? My office used to be in West Cummings Park on Washington Street. I know the area pretty well, and now my office is right down the road in Burlington. I'm sure I'll see you guys around, I saw one Black SRT8 on Mall Rd. that's the only "live" one I've seen other than mine :)

#9 ·
STEVE said:
Woburn huh? My office used to be in West Cummings Park on Washington Street. I know the area pretty well, and now my office is right down the road in Burlington. I'm sure I'll see you guys around, I saw one Black SRT8 on Mall Rd. that's the only "live" one I've seen other than mine :)
I'm sure I'll probably see you driving around.. :)

#11 ·
Congrats Steve!! My Father-in-law owns a diner in Nashua. I go up alot Sunday mornings. Maybe I'll see you on the road!!!

#12 ·
Excellent GG5! I live off of 101A....the diner anywhere in that general area?

FYI, I haven't been off of this site since I signed the Purchase and Sale agreement at about 10 this morning. I'd like to just go to bed and not get up until Tuesday morning!!

#13 ·
Good Luck with your new ride.I get over to Nashua once in a while.I live in Exeter.I don't know if you know this but NH only gets 24 of these great machines.I have had mine for 2 months now and I haven't seen another one anywhere.Let the Mods begin.Good Luck!!

#14 ·
OBSRT8, thanks for the well wishes! I notice you have an 05 Renegade, I just traded mine in to 1400 Motors to get Satan's Hammer (which is what one of my buddies called the SRT8...I like it!). Hopefully last week's Nor'easter was the only one we'll get this year!

Hopefully in the near future, my Jeep will have black stock rims. Doesn't seem like anyone's actually done that yet so hopefully I'll be easy to recognize :D

See you on the road brother!

#15 ·
Here is a picture of the wheels I just sold that I had on my Dodge Charger that I traded for my new SRT8.

You don't know how I wished that they would have fit my new ride.I think black looks great on certain colors.I solded these to a guy from Providence RI.He is putting them on a silver Magnum.He already paid me,but he hasn't come to get them yet.When you get your black wheels we need pictures.Good Luck.

#16 ·
OBSRT8 said:
Here is a picture of the wheels I just sold that I had on my Dodge Charger that I traded for my new SRT8.

You don't know how I wished that they would have fit my new ride.I think black looks great on certain colors.I solded these to a guy from Providence RI.He is putting them on a silver Magnum.He already paid me,but he hasn't come to get them yet.When you get your black wheels we need pictures.Good Luck.

I'll bet those rims looked sick on your Charger. One of my good friends has a Charger RT that he's dying to swap the rims out on, I'll try and steer him towards black rims.

My last ride before the Renegade was a 1990 35th Anniversary Edition Ford Thunderbird SC. In case you don't know what they look like, they're black with titanium colored ground effects and black stock rims with a silver lip. I have a severe infatuation with black rims, and I think it will look perfect on a silver GC.

I'll be sure to get some pics up.

#17 ·
OBSRT8 said:
Good Luck with your new ride.I get over to Nashua once in a while.I live in Exeter.I don't know if you know this but NH only gets 24 of these great machines.I have had mine for 2 months now and I haven't seen another one anywhere.Let the Mods begin.Good Luck!!
I'm jealous that you live so close to the track. April 1st they're doing a test and tune. Starts at 9 am!! I'll be there at 8!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.