Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Oil dripping onto headers.

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Tim H Calgary 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I just finished installing a few parts: Procharger, 80lb injectors, 2 bar map sensor, rods, springs, retainers, trans and diff. I was driving home and noticed some smoke coming out of the hood(very little). I opened her up and noticed a little bit of smoke coming off the headers. Reached down and found a small drop of oil. Do you think is the gasket from the valve covers?. It's on the passenger side and furthest from the front. Can't think of any other reason for oil to be leaking there. The shop confessed to spilling some trans fluid when they were filling the new trans. Hoping the oil is just residual from having the valve covers off and the burning is the trans fluid but I don't know. I am extremely paranoid when it comes to my baby, perhaps you fellas can relate?? :D. I already had a PWR cam, and kooks headers. If anyone has a theory I would love some input. Tried getting the log to Johan but I fail at logging apparently lol.

Thanks guys!,

#4 ·
It's not that hard to roll the gasket on the valve covers when putting them in. Make sure its tight too. 1/4" drive 8mm socket with an extension or 2 will work perfect.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.