Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

V-LED tail light light bulbs install question...?

6K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  AaronZ34 
#1 ·
I recently bought the LED light bulbs for my tail lights and have had no luck with them working correctly. I also bought the 6 ohm resistors that you are supposed to piggy back into the one wire feed. Any help would be much appreciated. It's an 08 SRT meaning I have one light bulb that controls brake, turn and running lights.

Thanks guys!

#2 ·
Also looking for help on this, I got the 3ohm resistors though.

There are 3 wires into the bulb, one black, one white/black, and one white/green and white/red on the other light. So the resistor goes to the solid black for ground, and which of the other wires?

#4 ·
for 07 and UP:

felicia, if you have a fog light harness added, take note:

If NO rear fog harness
Connect 6ohm resistor to black and outer white wire of OEM harness

if YES rear fog harness
Connect 3ohm resistor to black and outer white wire of OEM harness.

Its all right here. http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27482

if you have a 2006 let me know and I can look up the proper wires for you.

remember the resistors get burning hot very fast. be careful.

#8 ·
Just got back from trying every <REMOVED - circumvention of language filter> resistor combo I could. Nothing.

LED tailight bulbs, with LED switchbacks, not possible on my 2010. The problem is my running lights. I got the turn signals and brake lights to work properly with a few different combos, but no matter what I did, I never once got the running lights to work at all, front or rear. Maybe I should order the 194 corner LED bulbs, but I'm scared, because that's just more money and more LEDs, and I'm getting the impression that more LEDs isn't going to fix my problem if I can't get two of the fvcking things to work.

#9 ·
Ok, Rob had posted in one of the threads this link:

http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27482&page=5

Very helpful, basically, I needed to get the SRCK bulbs, not just the regular 3157s like I got. Unfortunately, the only bulb they currently offer in this type is this, http://www.v-leds.com/Exterior-LED/Brake-Light-LED/Red-LED/V-LEDS-RED-20-LED-HIGH-p7980713-1-2.html . Only 20 LEDs, I'm afraid it won't be near bright enough. My current ones are 92 LED, and they are perfect brightness.

So for now, I'm not sure. Guess I'll go back to normal bulbs in the back, LEDs up front, that's the only way I ever got it working.

Ok, read the review on the SRCK, one says this:

2002 Sunfire

Originally I tried the 92 m-smt bulbs, those are not meant for my car(2002 Pontiac Sunfire).

these CK bulbs are awesome, they are also High power leds witch are much brighter than the m-smt type.
So I ordered a set, might as well try. <REMOVED - circumvention of language filter>, tried everything else, what's another $50? By the way, V-LED has a 20% off sale this weekend. That saved me $10. V-LEDs must love me, I've ordered 3 of every bulb, god knows how many resistors, and haven't returned anything (Yet).

#10 ·
So what's the verdict here? Will they work for a 2008 one bulb tail light? If so is the answer the SRK bulbs? Please someone make the call here. Very confused with all the different opinions. Side note.....I also happened to blow fuses when I was trying to hook the bulbs up.

Thanks fellas!

#11 ·
PM "Ekaz" he has an 09 and has LED bulbs in his stock tails. Personally I was going to do the same thing, but decided to just buy a set of LED Tail lights instead to avoid headaches. If you look around I am sure you will see his thread and he went thru a lot of fuses on his Rig as well when he was installing his LED bulbs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.