Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Painted Headlights

9K views 27 replies 19 participants last post by  farny06 
#1 ·
Nothing that hasn't been done in here before but, I've always liked the way Dan's headlights looked (DCSpecial), so, I finally got the time and painted, now I'm going to install the Projector Retrofit (only on the low beams), I'll post pics when I'm done.
Here's how the paint came out.

See less See more
Reactions: uhoh
#3 ·
they look sick

Reactions: carioca
#5 ·
You just giving up on the high beam? Does your projector have a high beam gate?

#8 · (Edited)
cmn1 You just giving up on the high beam? Does your projector have a high beam gate?
01-08-2013 04:12 PM
Yes, what I meant is that I only purchased one set of projectors, you and Dan have dual on your headlights.
Subscribed are you using the h1 or ds1 mini projector kit ? Just get the high beam splitter and your regular projector will do both while still using stock halogen high beam did you bake stock headlights or aftermarket ?

I have the H1 Mini Morimoto Bi-Xenon, aftermarket, they were much easier to come apart.
<<<<Not sure what happened here

#11 ·
Sub'd

Ten letters

#13 ·
Yes, Sir!
Just finished installing the retrofit, later I will install on the truck and post pics.

#14 ·
Finished this morning, so far the only thing I regret is not doing the dual retrofit, on a budget right now, something to do in the future.

#15 ·
Overall it looks good, but I agree with you about the second projector for the highbeam. With the Jeep being silver and the highbeam painted black, it just looks like an empty hole to me. It makes me think there should be a custom ram air intake in there. It either needs the second projector or I would be interested to see what it would have looked like if the highbeam was painted silver and keep the lowbeam and turn signal black. Good work overall though.

#17 ·
Looks great. I have the next few weeks to put mine on the bench and finish them off. I did the Dual projectors ACC halos and a few little mods Devil eyes ,Angel eyes and led panel sidemarkers . Just need a minute to put them together and wire them up .

#22 ·
Nice job!!!

#23 ·
Ok guys, after much thoughts I decided to open the headlights again and play with it!
I installed the dual retrofit and purchased the 6000K Amber dual color switchback from Vleds, and also, purchased tinted fog lights with 5000K HID's.
Looks much better, let me know what you think.

#24 ·
Looks alot better with the projector in the high beam. Nice work.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.