Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Installing front LED turn signals

12K views 29 replies 9 participants last post by  HEMI TME 
#1 ·
Does anyone have a write up on instructions/pics of how to install LED front Turn/parking bulbs on '07? I am aware that I will need 3 ohm resistors for each bulb but not sure how to wire them in???? I have looked on forum but cant find thread with instructions...

Any pics or advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance guys(and gals)!

#2 ·
You just splice the resistors in with the turn signal wires going to each bulb. Find a good place to mount the resistors, that is away from anything that can melt......the resistors can get hot.
Cut the turn signal wire going to the bulb behind the headlight, connect the turn signal wire from the truck to the wire on one end of the resistor, then connect the wire on the other end of the resistor to the turn signal wire at the bulb socket. They just have to go in-lne on the wire that gets power when the turn signal flashes.

#3 ·
Thanks Man... Does it matter which color wire gets the resistor spliced into it, there is multiple wires going to the turn signal... Black, Green and Black w/ Purple line????

Attachments

#4 ·
If the resistors are like the rear lights, they need to be connected from turn signs to ground. And the all black wire on there is ground. I know which ones are turn signals on the back, but the front I have yet to do. That's my project today, so any input would be nice as well.

#5 ·
So I looked it up last night and it looks like you tap a resistor between the all green and the all black (ground) wire. They are the two outside wires on the socket. Then you should be good to go. Some people say a 3 ohm resistor, and others say a 6 ohm. I used 6 ohm in the back, and they are the same bulbs as that, so I assume that will do.

#7 ·
Thanks again!!! So I need to put a resistor on the green and the black wire... for a total of 2 on each side/bulb? Can you post a quick pic by chance so I can get better understanding? Just Feel safer seeing it visually before attempting.

#6 ·
Make sure your connections are solid and you should be good to go. I can't remember if i used 3 or 6 OHM resistors. 3 Rings a bell, i've done it in 4 jeeps so far. Awesome mod. Enjoy!

#8 ·
I'll see if i can snap a pic for you. The resistor goes between the green and black. not in line in the green and black. You need to splice into the green and black.

#9 ·
This is correct!

Reactions: RBugnitz
#10 ·
usually the resistors come with little red (or some other colors) splice clips. This way you don't have to actually cut wires, just splice into them. I recomend triple checking your connection, then doing your best to make the connection water proof. Mine have lasted 3 years.

#13 ·
You can use splice clips, but I would use heat shrink and terminal connectors for a nice OEM look. Its how the pros do top notch work.

#15 ·
Are you one of these pros, have a pic? LOL I would like to see it and replicate as cleanly/professional as possiable! And will LED turn/parking light work with stock side bulb after installed... Or does that have to be LED bulb as well do you know?

#17 ·
I think he's asking if the stock bulbs will work with the resistor installed. Not sure. I'll try it and see

#19 ·
So can anyone "PLEASE" post a good pic or 2 of the resistors wired into turn signals/parking lights. I want to perform this mod but want to see it before attempting. Would be greatly appreciated!!!

#20 · (Edited)
Bump! I just got my 60led turn signal bulbs and they work great. Now I just need to wire in the resistor so a pic would be nice before I try it. I'll probably wire it up tonight after work pic or not, an if I do I will post a pic for ya @RBugnitz. The first three pics are just the 60leds only which are pretty bright! The last 2 pics are when I tested the leds matching the 8000k hids, pretty close I think.

#21 ·
BUMP...
So anyone able to snap a quick pic of thier "resistors" wired into LED turn/park signals??? Been wanting to do this mod for while now but been putting off. Want a nice picture to look at to make installation smoother. PLEASE! PLEASE!! PLEASE!!! post a pic for a friend in need. :-(

#22 ·
I'll try to snap one for you in a few

#23 ·
I agree with using weatherproof connections and heat shrink. I always toss the quick taps that come with resistors in the garbage. For that matter I always wireloom the resistor wires for added protection.

On 06-08s I've needed to use 1.5ohm of resistance and 3 ohm on 09-10 with OEM HIDs. That's with the switchbacks I use.

#24 ·
Holy shit that's bright, I already have problems with blinding everyone on the road. I even get cops to shine their spotlight in my face because my HID's are so bright. Good thing is I can spot a cop a mile away with my lights bouncing off their reflectors on their cars.

Can some one post more pics of these turned on ? And are these switchbacks? And what are switchbacks, don't know much about lights lol

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#26 ·
Thanks for the quick feed back.... Is there anyway you can get a pic of the wiring witht eh resistors wired in to make lights flash. When i intstall my 3157 LED bulbs the turn on... but they dont flash correctly. They Stay on highest flash and do not flicker. Im hoping the resistor will fix issue. Not sure if i bought correct one. I got a load resistor 3 ohm 50w. I think i may have ordered wrong part. Seeing a pi would help me identify the correct resistor needed. Sorry not very good with electical... Thanks again though brotha!

#27 ·
I don't have any pics of the wiring. You tie it into the turn signal wire (can test with a test light to see what wire it is) and then I run the other end to chassis ground.

If the 3ohm doesn't take care of it, try 1.5ohms. Which would be two 3ohm resistors wired in parallel. If you wired them in series that would be 6ohm.

#28 ·
BUMP.....

Any one willing to post pics of wiring config(resistors mainly hooked up) for the LED Turn/Parking bulbs on '07? Would like to get these installed ASAP!!!!

Please help a brotha out!!! :-(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.