Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Barrett Jackson Pics

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  FDNY-L107 
#1 · (Edited)
#8 ·
I'm a huge fan as well.....it's like my Superbowl....I have a min of two TV's on with it going. Been there a few times in person as well.....you can't even imagine the amount of supermodels there.....lot's, I mean lot's of $$$$ on hand. Lot's of attitude too.
But like it or not, it does affect the broader classic car market and prices. Those lights on the block are designed specifically to make the cars look great both in person and on TV. Most of them, better than 65% or so, are just as nice as the ones at local and national car shows. 25% are clearly collector grade and never see mile one - the rest are odd balls.
If you never have attended, it's a must go trip for car guys (and gals). Very much worth the experience. I had a blast.

#10 ·
Plus, B-J is making out very well. Remember, the selling price does not include the buyer "premium"...ie. commission, which is another 10% of the final selling price (12% if you are not there in person).....PLUS...the seller pays, something like an 8% fee of the final selling price. So B-J is getting it "both ways" (or giving it)....lol.

A lot of ego's....but it is still great to be there just for the experience.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.