Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

My New Beast :)

17K views 112 replies 50 participants last post by  Srt_8Ricky 
#1 · (Edited)
Well, I finally got back to Saint Louis this past Monday and have been driving my new 2013 Mustang GT500 ever since. I am absolutely in love with the vehicle from the exterior design to the interior refinement, and especially the exhaust note of the vehicle. I haven't driven a manual transmission vehicle in a long time, so it has taken some time getting used to, especially with first gear. Everything besides first gear is relatively simple.

My initial assessment of daily drivability is that she is going to be a lot of work. She has a lot and I mean a lot of power and always wants to go, so it will be tough not always taking advantage of that. It has been an absolute blast and I enjoy every moment of it. Gas mileage has been alright, I have done 90% city driving so that doesn't help but I am thinking city I am around 15 and highway is estimated 23.

No sooner than when I got home was I at a local tint shop getting 18% all around and 45% on the windshield. I think it really completed the look and as of right now, that's all I plan on doing. But we all know how long this lasted with my jeep :rolleyes:. Here are some night pictures of the tint, I will get better day pictures tomorrow, enjoy!

See less See more
#33 ·
Time to go for another drive in your new car!! Lol. Congrats yo's that thing is gorgeous. Hurry up and get some better pics! :p

#34 ·
Congrats John!
Pretty mean looking ride.
Hey, it's sunny out there... where are the pics...? :D

#37 ·
Neverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :grinbiginvert:

#41 ·
Thanks bud! And I would love to paint the brembos green :D, might just have to.

1 question...what do you do for a living. Mechanical engineering must of been the wrong field lol.
LOL I work very hard as a consultant who travels 90% of the week.

One word , sick! Congrats John :)
Thanks Paulo!

Uploading photos to photobucket now! I will post them up within the next 10 minutes!

#40 ·
One word , sick! Congrats John :)

#42 ·
Bump pictures added to the first post

#43 ·
Dude Bro! That car is just insane! I love it. Annnnnd Im sure if ANYONE can milk that bad b!tch for all the mpg's its worth.......

ITS YOU!!!!! LOL!

Seriously though, congrats. The hard work pays off. Are you still selling the Jeep?

Reactions: BullsF6512
#49 ·
Haha thanks hater Chad :p. Yes I am going to put the jeep on the market unfortunately :(

very nice ride, I had 2 mustangs before my jeep and loved them
Thanks man, so far I am absolutely in love with it.

Dang:jawdrop:, I hope I can spot you in STL. Do you still have the Jeep?
Still have the jeep, it should be in STL come next week if you would like to see it

#46 ·
how is this car stock for stock against a wk1? in terms of torque does the stang just blow the srt away?

#47 ·
Congrats John! That thing just looks MEAN!!!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#48 ·
Stock for stock the gt500 would kill a GC SRT8. johns Jeep is a different story. I think everyone would like to see a video of a heads up race before you sell your Jeep. ;)

#54 ·
Honestly, I always planned to keep the jeep for the rest of my life. But for some time now it's been more of a burden then something I enjoy. It has only brought stress for the past year.

Came across this vid John have you tried this yet? Looks incredible says he only has 500miles on it at the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=6zD5mPDAMpY&feature=fvwp
Awesome find Jim! Once I break this baby in some more I will definitely test it's top end. It has 0 traction in first lol.

#55 ·
John, sorry to hear you are going to sell the Jeep. You might just want to hold onto it until spring. It will give time for some of the recent heartache to fade and you can make a less emotional decision. If you still decide to sell it, you can get a better price for it then too.

Just my $0.0000000000002.......

J

"Life is tough, its even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

#58 ·
Thanks Travis, she is absolutely gorgeous!

#60 ·
Thanks Jason :)

#63 ·
Oh shat , that's a straight up call out hehehehe .
What's cooking Wade ?

Reactions: Knuckles
#66 · (Edited)
I don't have a modded time yet reread my sig that was PRE MOD haha plus I've already done a few street runs with the owner of LRS 13 Shelby and uhhh it was not so good for him :)

Just to put in perspective I have a buddy with a 13 GTR modded with E85 tune runs 10.8....he couldn't keep up

Good choice on tires I have them and love them just remember under 60 degrees any tire really won't help unless it's a DR or Slick.

#68 ·
I don't have a modded time yet reread my sig that was PRE MOD haha plus I've already done a few street runs with the owner of LRS 13 Shelby and uhhh it was not so good for him :)

Just to put in perspective I have a buddy with a 13 GTR modded with E85 tune runs 10.8....he couldn't keep up

Good choice on tires I have them and love them just remember under 60 degrees any tire really won't help unless it's a DR or Slick.
Damn, I saw that after and was too lazy to edit my initial post. You thinking you are low 10's now? I am very curious to see what she will put down. I have definitely been meaning to shoot you a message about your experience with your GT500 and hopefully get a few pointers from you. I am absolutely in love with this vehicle, especially it's ridiculous top end. Got any videos of you racing the GTR? Would love to see that.

Yeah I have been reading the SVT forums and they are all big into the Michelin Pilot Super sports so I figured that was a safe bet. Hope all is well bud and don't be surprised if you get a text or two from you picking your brain about these beasts.

#70 ·
LOL better late then never :p, thanks Joe

#71 ·
hey john, Beautiful new ride.

Scott from up here in chicago has told me about you. Mad respect on the work to the jeep and looking forward to the plans on the GT (although that car now makes us rivals haha)

Today my wife asked me if she can turbo her jeep this year so if you are up around the chicagoland area i might be coming to you for some experience and guidance haha.

#73 ·
Thank you very much I appreciate that. Haha tell me about your Camaro? Yeah the jeep will be in Chicago until its sold, feel free to ask me anything, and if your or your wife ever want a ride in the jeep feel free to let me know.

So how many miles now?
Just hit 1,000 :( it's pretty depressing. I've driven it from stl to chicago twice now which is 300 miles each time. The modding has already begun, just bought new stickys for the rears: Michelin Super Sports 315/35zr/20's
- Carbon Fiber CAI
- 15% OD pulley
- New spark plugs
- MGW short throw shifter
- SCT Tuner and a Lund Tune
Say hello to 720rwhp and 730rwtq. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.