Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Weird Noise from underneath !!

3K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  ASLEEPER 
#1 ·
Hoping someone can help shed light on this continuous noise that seems to originate from below the vehicle (2010 Jeep SRT8). Its definitely not from in the engine bay area; its difficult to determine exactly where its coming from, its just as noticeable standing behind the vehicle as it is from either side.

The noise is a high pitch continuous whining sound. The only way I can really describe it is a noise similar to sitting in a quite room with a high speed computer tower fan running. Perhaps with a bit more of a whine and of course louder since it is very distinguishable while the jeep is idling.

This wining noise seems to ramp up 3-5 seconds after I start up the jeep. The noise does not increase with rpms or when the vehicle is moving. Its the same frequency and continuous whining regardless. The noise does not change at all with ESP ON/OFF, or moving the transmission though P/R/N/D.

Any ideas?????

Thanks!!

Immediately after I start the engine the noise seems to ramp

See less See more
#2 ·
Any way you could post up a clip so we can hear it?

#8 ·
Pulled the fuel pump fuse with the truck idling and the noise immediately went away and started immediately with the fuse back in. The jeep ran for a good 3+ seconds with the fuse pulled off the residual pressure in the line. I'm now 99.9% certain it is the fuel pump. Thanks for all the help!!!

#15 ·
I think I saw someone was selling a new oem fuel pump on here recently.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.