Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Jeep vs. Mustang

4K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  jwatson75@alltel.net 
#1 ·
hey guys, as most of you know, because of my last post, I got a new Jeep SRT8 in September of last year. And since then a Mustang owner from my high school has been talking tons of trash from the first day I got it. I have been able to look the other way until now and tonight there are plans to run 'em. Stock for stock our Jeeps are faster, but he has a few mods: CAI, shaker hood, and exhaust. Should I be worried or do I still have the upper hand?

Thanks,
Barney

#3 ·
Tell him his shaker hood is a fantastic mod, he can watch his stock engine shake in shear terror at the Jeep.

#4 ·
It is a 2006 GT with the manual trans.

#5 ·
You have 125 more stock horsepower, better gears, and All-wheel-drive. He has 300 stock horsepower, 2 wheel drive, and a transmission ford pulled out of Lee Iakoka's garbage.

#8 ·
We will prob try it all, from a dig and rolling start. After tonight I will post the results for everybody.

#9 ·
You'll be him easily I think, the reason I say this .... I have a 10 sec. gt500 and on the road my jeep is ahead for the first 400-500 feet or so at the 660' mark, my mustang is past the jeep by about 2 cars......right after thje 500 foot mark is where the stang is just training the jeep fast .

You have him for atleast a good 400 feet(based off a 10 sec. car and a great driver)
With his mods,even if he is a 13.20-40 car u have him all the way thru a good 1/4 mile and then some.

#10 · (Edited)
The Mustang Runs A Class Higher In Nhra But I Wouldnt Take Him Lightly. One Thing You Can Do Is Pull The 30 Amp Fuse To Disable The Abs/tc That Helped Me 2.3 Tenths In The 1/8 Mile AND MY 60 FT WENT FROM 1.88 TO 1.80. If You Just Push The T/c Button Off It Still Has 35% Of The T/c On AND ITS ONLY WORTH 2 HUNDREDTHS IN THE 60 FT TIMES.

#11 ·
Does anyone have a diagram of where this fuse is at? I dont want to yankin the wrong one!!

The Mustang Runs A Class Higher In Nhra But I Wouldnt Take Him Lightly. One Thing You Can Do Is Pull The 30 Amp Fuse To Disable The Abs/tc That Helped Me 2.3 Tenths In The 1/8 Mile AND MY 60 FT WENT FROM 1.88 TO 1.81. If You Just Push The T/c Button Off It Still Has 35% Of The T/c On AND ITS ONLY WORTH 2 HUNDREDTHS IN THE 60 FT TIMES.

#16 · (Edited)
Be careful, if he is talking a lot of trash he is either stupid or he's lying about his mods. He may have NOS or other work done. Stock against stock you should beat him bad. Street racers typically don't play fair and if he's smart he won't tell you all of his mods.

Regardless go put a beat down on him!! Good luck.

#18 ·
No Contest at all. We raced four total times and everytime I smoked him by about 2-5 car lengths. Everytime we raced my Jeep pulled all the way into the triple digits, the highest being about 130mph and I was still pulling hard.

He was shut up really well and didnt even stop to talk about it, I got a ricer fly by:D. Our car are freaking amazing, I even had 2 passengers with me and a full tank of gas and still smoked him:p.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.