Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Sacramento Raceway Grudgefest - June 23rd

6K views 38 replies 9 participants last post by  HoneyBadgerFE 
#1 · (Edited)
We are going to try and do a little meet up for us Nor Cal people. Sacramento Raceway has a Grudgefest about once a month on a Saturday night, so we are going to plan for the next one. Here are the details:

GrudgeFest offers "Street Style" Drag Racing. Heads up or Dial In, It's your choice. No eliminations, cash prizes or trophies. Just racing.

Saturday, June 23rd, 2012
Gates Open: 4:00 PM
Grudge Racing: 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Pit Admission: $5 per person
Pit Parking: no charge
Race Entry: $35 includes car & driver

Let me know who is in, also give me your name if it isn't in your signature, and I will start a list just so we know who to look out for!

1. SRT8Girl12 (Tamara)
2. HoneyBadgerFE (Jason)
3. Future_Monsoon (Truman)

#4 ·
This should be a pretty fun day I'm definitely in!!!

2. Jason DeBlasio

#6 ·
Hope there is more than just the three of us... lookin forward to whoopin on some "sports cars" lol

I'm in!

-Truman

#7 ·
Ok got you down Truman! Even if it is just the 3 of us, that's ok! I've never seen more than one Jeep SRT8 in Nor Cal at a time, lol. Also, between the 3 of us, we all have the same mods, so it will be cool to see what each of us run.

#9 · (Edited)
I expected more participation for this event, oh well, it will still be a great time. I have invited a couple of friends: Z06 C6, 08' M5, RX7 w/LS1 and some G35's & 37's. I'm also bringing a GoPro to attach to the SRT!!

#10 ·
Sweet! Looks like I'm showing up by myself as the guys that usually come with me can't. You won't miss me, I'm the only girl in the red Jeep :)

#12 ·
I put a post on the LX forums and I'm trying to get one on a TBSS forum but they have a lengthy "review process" and even though I registered, I still can't post.

It's no matter anyway Ive seen enought TBSSes in my rearview mirror to know what they look like..

#13 ·
I'm actually just excited to race with the three of us because we all have the same exact mods. Will be really interesting to see!

#15 · (Edited)
I remember what your old time was at IRWINDALE in the old jeep and it was a decent run of 8.17 in the 1/8 and i couldnt get out of the low 8.20s that night and we were both tuned by the same tuner. If i remember right you put out more hp than i did like bone stock you put out 8 more and after thr dyno tune you put out 9 more and. I am still runing the same tune with the exception of the predator upgrade and a cmr retune this time. Well good luck sat.

#18 ·
Well I did take my resonators off for now. So we will see. It's supposed to be cold tomorrow night which will help a lot!

#19 ·
Ok, just got an oil change, did the snorkel mod, and giving it a bath in the morning. Excited to race! See you guys there!!!

#24 ·
He lives in So Cal, we are in Nor Cal. It's about a 6 hour drive for him and I'm pretty sure he is way too busy with school. ;)

#25 ·
I'm pretty excited for tonight. I'm bringing the GoPro camera with suction mounts so whoever wants to get some good race footage of their rides can use it.

#26 ·
Sweet!! I'm getting ready to leave here in about an hour. Should be there around 5. See you there!

#27 ·
Good deal, were both tech'ed in and got a spot for ya.

#29 ·
Ha! No they didn't. I pulled a 12.97 @ 103. I'm happy about it. I think the best time of the night was Truman with a 12.7. I will post more details and time slips tomorrow. I'm falling asleep. There was a surprise guest who showed up with a turbo Jeep SRT8. Crazy! Anyway, more details tomorrow.

#31 · (Edited)
Way to go Tam getting into the 12.90s. Heres some DA for you. As you can see great racing weather and the water grains in the air were all below 50 and thats great.
5pm
temperature: 74 deg f
uncorrected barometer: 29.776 Hg
humidity: 27 %
vapor pressure: 0.847 Hg
dew point: 37.873 deg f
grains: 33.7 ( (note this is perfact as 50 and below is great for racing)
air density: 96.165 %
density altitude: 1,332.610 ft

6pm
temperature: 73 deg f
uncorrected barometer: 29.766 Hg
humidity: 29 %
vapor pressure: 0.819 Hg
dew point: 38.826 deg f
grains: 35.0
air density: 96.284 %
density altitude: 1,290.566 ft

7pm
temperature: 70 deg f
uncorrected barometer: 29.786 Hg
humidity: 35 %
vapor pressure: 0.739 Hg
dew point: 41.027 deg f
grains: 38.2
air density: 96.825 %
density altitude: 1,100.443 ft

8pm
temperature: 66 deg f
uncorrected barometer: 29.796 Hg
humidity: 44 %
vapor pressure: 0.644 Hg
dew point: 43.390 deg f
grains: 41.8
air density: 97.513 %
density altitude: 859.612 ft

9pm
temperature: 62 deg f
uncorrected barometer: 29.796 Hg
humidity: 51 %
vapor pressure: 0.560 Hg
dew point: 43.588 deg f
grains: 42.1
air density: 98.254 %
density altitude: 601.892 ft

11pm
temperature: 57 deg f
uncorrected barometer: 29.836 Hg
humidity: 66 %
vapor pressure: 0.469 Hg
dew point: 45.676 deg f
grains: 45.6
air density: 99.260 %
density altitude: 254.212 ft

#32 ·
So here is my best run of the night. This was on a Johan tune that was never revised, so I think that's pretty damn good. I datalogged my run and am going to do some more so I can get a revision and then go again. I don't think a supercharger is anywhere close in my future, so I might do a cam soon. We will see.

Truman and Jason were both running revised tunes from Johan, and I believe Truman's best time was a 12.7 and Jason's was a 12.8. Hopefully they can post their time slips. They had Borla's and I have the Reso delete.

Oh, and a guy from my neck of the woods showed up with a Turbo Jeep SRT8. It was awesome. Looked completely stock until you popped the hood. He said he has been having tranny issues, and has broke 3, yes 3, SHR Tranny's. His first run his tranny completely slipped and he went into limp mode. His second run he took off from the line super slow so he wouldn't slip and still ran a 11.9. I was impressed. Awesome guy too. He said he is upgrading to a Paramount Tranny in the next few weeks to fix the issue. Here is a quick picture I took of his engine....

All in all, 5 Jeeps showed up. Most I've ever seen in one spot in Nor Cal. Here is mine, Truman, and Jason's.

Reactions: kmitch80
#34 ·
Thanks man! I'm happy with it. Hell, the best I ever got with my old Jeep was a 12.8, and that was a dyno tune, so it looks like I will surpass that for sure once I get a revised tune after some datalogging. People were pretty impressed with our Jeeps out there. You don't really see them at all around here, especially racing, so I think some people were shocked.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.