Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Finally stopped being a woos and pulled the trigger on the 2014!

9K views 58 replies 19 participants last post by  peter2772000 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm Jordan and new to your forums. Your posts have been great in helping me research the SRT (I'm sad that they are not calling it the SRT8 anymore...).

I'm new to the SUV segment. I currently own a 2008 Evo X with 430awhp, a restored W126 Mercedes and a 2011 Kawasaki ZX-10r. But I've always liked the SRT8 Jeep and fell in love with the WK2 when it came out. I've never had the opportunity to drive one but I'm absolutely sure I'll love the feel of it in addition to its gorgeous interior. I guess I'm a little older now (33), and am starting to crave some comfort. I'm also kind of tired of an unreliable tuner car that smells like unburnt fuel at stoplights...lol

I've ordered my 2014 with:
- Summer tires
- Black chrome spider monkeys
- High Performance Audio
- Tow Package

As for color, I feel I'm going to be an insomniac for the next couple of weeks. I really like to research before making decisions, and the fact that there are no photos of the 2014 in its new colors is really causing me a severe migraine. I've always loved the Ferrari edition that Jeep built for the Ferrari F1 drivers, but I have no clue whether the new "Redline Red" will look anything like it. I kind of like the Deep Cherry but oddly my dealership today didn't have it available in his system (I am in Montreal, Canada).

I've promised my dealership that once it enters production I will stick with my color choice and not have him order a different one. Therefore I'm going to spend the next few days making sure I decide on the right now. We entered "white" in the system for the order, but I expect to change it shortly.

I'm really excited about this Jeep, and am anxious to be part of the SRT8 family!

:alfdance:

See less See more
#4 ·
Wow 2 votes for white!! I admit I love the Alpine edition, and white is great for resale (although I doubt I'll want to sell it). But man I'm dying to see it in Redline....damn Chrysler why they have to torture like this....

jethro146, nice bike! I agree, these bikes are so much fun...what a rush, always find myself smiling like a little kid!

#9 ·
Yeah I know, I noticed that when looking at a few redline vans that were at the dealership but it has no metallic within the paint. If you click on the full-size photo of the WK2's rear I posted, you will see lots of metallic in the paint. I'm quite sure it's the Deep Cherry...

#15 ·
Thanks Lee, that is a very interesting link. And from reading it, it seems like they may have showcased the Redline in the header to show that they are heading in a brighter direction with the colors.

You would be really kind if you made a call next week to figure out which color is on those promo shots. I would hate to order Redline and end up being disappointed.

#12 ·
I was very confident initially, but this conversation has made me very doubtful... and yes you are absolutely right their promo picture of the SRT is tweaked quite a bit...especially in regards to contrast. I doubt it will look that good in person.

Somebody at Chrysler should chime in to let us know which color was used for the promo photos. Oh boy, this color selection is driving me crazy...

#20 ·
Hey Jordan! Welcome form a fellow Montrealer.

Which dealer did you order from? Mine's ordered thru Rive-Sud Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep. I ordered mine with everything but the rear dvd. I also went with Cherry Red, though I intend to vinyl-wrap it in our company colours shortly after I get it. If I ever get it (long story)

#22 ·
Hi Peter!

I also ordered it through Rive-Sud Chrysler and I'm aware of your story. If I'm not mistaken your 2012 order was switched to a 2013 and then to a 2014. I've heard this happening to many customers in Canada, the US seems to often have priority on these models which makes sense but at the same time can be frustrating to enthusiasts like us. I know for a fact that the sales manager at the dealership has put in a special favor request on your order and another person's SRT8 so hopefully that will lead to yours being scheduled for production soon. It is possible though that Chrysler will prioritize mine since it is a "retail" sale rather than "company & fleet" but I doubt so. I work business development for Scotia's auto finance division so I'm close with all dealerships in the province, if worse comes to worse I'll ask around my Chrysler dealers for their opinions.

I really hope you get yours asap, that is way too long to be waiting for such a specialty vehicle! And interesting about the vinyl wrap, looking forward to seeing what you have in mind for it. I was thinking of doing a matte black wrap but not quite sure yet, I like the fact that it protects the actual paint, so you can remove it a couple of years down the road and have a mint vehicle.

#21 ·
Congrats. The red does look pretty sweet, but I'm always shy about red cars, they can fade can the sun. And nothing ever gets colour matched correctly if there's a problem.

On my old jeep my hood was a different colour then the body from a repair by the previous owner ( purchased it as a junker so I wouldn't hurt my BMW in winter )

Also, I know your woes with the unreliable over modified jap rally cars that smell of raw fuel :p. soooo much fun when they work, but too much time in the shop when they don't.

I promise you will be pleased with the interior of the jeep coming from a rally car. My tastes have kind of gone the same way as yours. My Subaru was basically a gutted race car I drove on the streets. Then my BMW was a little more refined, but still simple. And then the jeep with electronics everywhere you look and leather everything. It's a nice place to sit.

#23 ·
Hi Loud,

You sure seem to know what I'm talking about with my tuner woes....lol Glad to see that others on this forum come from a similar background. I really love my Evo and as you mention it's a blast to drive when it's healthy. But I'm way too busy to be troubleshoothing when I have issues, they are extremely high-tech cars and it can be tricky figuring out what is causing the car to run badly.

I know what you mean about the red paint, these types of paint are tough to match but if you take them to a top-level paint shop there usually is no problem. I'm just hoping I like the actual tone of red, that's what is worrying me. I purchased my Evo X in Rally Red (which is the metallic red) and I always found it to be a little too "pinkish". I ended up having a manufacturing defect with the paint (Mitsubishi had terrible paint those years) and so I had the whole car repainted in "Claret red metallic" which is the metallic red from the Corvette ZR1. It was painted by the shop that does the Lambos/Lotus and other high-end cars (John Scotti Automotive) so the result was completely phenomenal.

I wish I could get this red in the SRT, but since I can't hopefully the Redline will look amazing.

Here's a few pics of my Evo with custom paint (stickers were for sponsor photoshoot):

#28 ·
I bought a 2013 ... chose the Vapor package ... black on black and it looks like the freakin' Batmobile. I know that black isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I gotta tell you that it is BAD ASS lookin'. Get a LOT of comments about what a nice looking Jeep it is. I put the Tail light Solutions LED lighting package on it, a 392 HEMI badge, and a smoked license plate cover and it's drop dead gorgeous.

#30 ·
Congratuations on our 2013 Vapor edition, must be beautiful. I will admit that I'm really considering black, I think it suits the truck to a tee and gives it a very sinister look. I would love to be able to go to my dealership and see the 2014 in each and every color before making my decision....such a dreamer!

#38 ·
Talking to some people who've driven the 2014, you won't be disappointed.
That's good to know, I think everyone is so anxious to find out how this new transmission is going to affect acceleration times!

Go Black !!
I also decided to pull the trigger after reading tons of blogs. I initially tested the 2013 SRT back in October, and realized that the 2014 was around the corner, so decided to wait...Long wait !!Congratulation !
Congratulations on the order! The Black is really tempting and I'm still really considering it, especially since it hides the restyled front (I just don't like how they gave it a smily face with the black horizontal insert). At least on the black model it doesn't stand out and still looks like the 2013. I'm also not a fan of the black plastic piece they integrated below the inside portions of the headlights (where the washer nozzle is I believe). Looks cheap on such an upscale vehicle.

congrats man!!!! i bought mine redline red!!! good luck choosing, its hard!
Wow props for being brave enough to order Redline without seeing it in person, that is great! The more I think about it the more I think Redline is my color. It's different, sporty, unique and there won't be many of them on the road since most buyers are looking for an upscale look. I find that red and black is such a sexy color combo on this type of SUV, case in point the Porsche Cayenne in Red....always loved it. I'm close to pulling the trigger on the color, just a little nervous I guess.

Congratulations on the order! I would love to pick up a 2014 myself. Keep us posted on the status of your vehicle production and enjoy the process.
Right now I'm just hoping my order is accepted for production, the day I get news of that you guys will know and I'll be celebrating!

#34 ·
Go Black !!
I also decided to pull the trigger after reading tons of blogs. I initially tested the 2013 SRT back in October, and realized that the 2014 was around the corner, so decided to wait...Long wait !!

Watch this...

Congratulation !

#35 ·
Hi everyone, I'm Jordan and new to your forums. Your posts have been great in helping me research the SRT (I'm sad that they are not calling it the SRT8 anymore...).

I'm new to the SUV segment. I currently own a 2008 Evo X with 430awhp, a restored W126 Mercedes and a 2011 Kawasaki ZX-10r. But I've always liked the SRT8 Jeep and fell in love with the WK2 when it came out. I've never had the opportunity to drive one but I'm absolutely sure I'll love the feel of it in addition to its gorgeous interior. I guess I'm a little older now (33), and am starting to crave some comfort. I'm also kind of tired of an unreliable tuner car that smells like unburnt fuel at stoplights...lol

I've ordered my 2014 with:
- Summer tires
- Black chrome spider monkeys
- High Performance Audio
- Tow Package

As for color, I feel I'm going to be an insomniac for the next couple of weeks. I really like to research before making decisions, and the fact that there are no photos of the 2014 in its new colors is really causing me a severe migraine. I've always loved the Ferrari edition that Jeep built for the Ferrari F1 drivers, but I have no clue whether the new "Redline Red" will look anything like it. I kind of like the Deep Cherry but oddly my dealership today didn't have it available in his system (I am in Montreal, Canada).

I've promised my dealership that once it enters production I will stick with my color choice and not have him order a different one. Therefore I'm going to spend the next few days making sure I decide on the right now. We entered "white" in the system for the order, but I expect to change it shortly.

I'm really excited about this Jeep, and am anxious to be part of the SRT8 family!

:alfdance:
congrats man!!!! i bought mine redline red!!! good luck choosing, its hard!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.