Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

HID Fog lights not working, all other lights OK. Fuse #15 checks out fine. HELP

11K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  silverbullet 
#1 ·
Guys,

Have a 'different' problem here. I have HID fogs in my ride and they were working really well before. No relay, just plug and play into factory harness.

So, I wanted to use them today and when I pulled the stalk to turn them on, the green symbol on the dash did not come on and the fogs remained off.

I checked the fuse #15 in the engine bay (box closest to the front of the car) as per the manual and all the 20 amp fuses were ok.

When I try to turn the fog lamps on, I do not hear any relays clicking.

IS THERE ANOTHER fuse inside the car under the dash that controls the module that turns the fog lamps on and off??? IF so, what is it called and what fuse should I check for this?

All my other lights works fine. Just the FOGS are not working.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Could it be my HID ballasts? How do I test this if it is the ballast?

Thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
Try sticking regular bulbs back in to see what happens. There was another guy on here with the same issue and I posted a diagram of how its wired and his issue was fuse number 15.

#4 ·
robpp, I tried used another micro relay in the same box for something else and it still did not go... hmmm....

Maybe I'll go and grab another relay anyway.

I'll check wkjeeps.com again.

Thanks

#5 · (Edited)
Ok, just came back from checking FUSE #15 (20 amps) and it was fine. Actually checked all the fuses and they were all fine.

Looked at the relay next and conveniently swapped it with the ones for the tow hitch wiring as it was the same type. Still no go.

When I turn the switch on and off, I do not hear any clicking at all on the relays! WIERD.

I do recall when I was having all the problems with my truck I had a factory tech use the starscan to check the PCM. While she was at it, I had her turn on the fogs with high beams on function.

DO you think she inadvertently turned off the function of the fogs? Is this even possible????

UPDATE:
Doing some research on the net, looks like maybe she did accidentally turn off all function of the fogs with Starscan. Guess it is possible with starscan to activate the function of the fogs in the first place. IF this theory holds true, it makes sense I don't even hear the relays clicking.... the whole fog light circuit has been turned off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.