Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

LED Tail lights/backup lights ? and Xenon question

8K views 35 replies 23 participants last post by  Butta 
#1 ·
Can someone help me find a backup light conversion kit for backup LEDS? If there is a replacement taillight assembly with LEDs, that would be even better. Mainly, I'd want to change out the backup lights. I noticed that TRAINER had an LED kit installed on his GC, but I can't locate it on the web. Thanks!

Also, I noticed people do the Xenon conversion for Fog's on our trucks. Which kit is that? Is it a specific fog kit? The Leads would have to be pretty long to reach that far down, wouldnt they?

#2 · (Edited)
#3 ·
appayipyip said:
Can someone help me find a backup light conversion kit for backup LEDS? If there is a replacement taillight assembly with LEDs, that would be even better. Mainly, I'd want to change out the backup lights. I noticed that TRAINER had an LED kit installed on his GC, but I can't locate it on the web. Thanks!

Also, I noticed people do the Xenon conversion for Fog's on our trucks. Which kit is that? Is it a specific fog kit? The Leads would have to be pretty long to reach that far down, wouldnt they?
Got all my LED stuff from here...Been in 9 months now, no problems. If you do with turn signals you will need resistors. Scroll down through Light Towers and also read info on resistors regarding fast flash. Easy install, look good.

http://autolumination.com/3157_3156.htm

Used the brakers/flashers and I like them.

Also used this on third brake light. Search for pulser.

http://estore.websitepros.com/802805/StoreFront.bok

#4 ·
appayipyip said:

Just so you know the 06 taillights dont work with the 07's because they use a different connection system for the bulbs- also the 07's use 2 bulbs and the 06's use 3

#6 ·
I've used 50W halogen bulbs for the backups with great success.

#11 ·
when i finally get an SRT8, my first order of business will be working on a full LED array for the taillights. my current car has full LED taillights and the difference between regular bulbs and even between those tower LED bulbs is night and day. below are pics of what mine look like now and something like what i might do for the SRT8

Attachments

#12 ·
SRT8 said:
I haven't found any taillight setups w/LEDs in them, but here is what's available.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-0...tegoryZ33716QQihZ019QQitemZ290053226778QQrdZ1

You can buy Xenon & LED bulbs that replace your exhisting bulbs(LED signals require resistors). The HID setup would require some mod(so I've read), do a search you may find other info.
just giving you a heads up i bought those exact lights from that ebay seller

and when i installled them i notised one of them was taking in condensation

(commen for aftermarket) but when i contacted the seller to get him to trade

for a new one he said that i shoud take the lends off with a heat gun and re

seal them my self (not cool)

#13 ·
teda said:
http://autolumination.com/equalizers.htm

scroll down....you will need the 6 ohm....$6.99 or $8.99 depending if you are only go do the rears, or fronts and rears. They are an easy install. After tapping in just drop them down in the opening under tail lamp. Plenty of air circulation no heat issues.

He is correct, but the only thing i disagree on is dropping them down under the lights, If they come in contact with any plastic or wires they will melt them instantly. I mounted mine under the rear bumper (lights) on the body frame and used hi temp silicone under and around it after I zipped them into the frame.

Attachments

#14 ·
akatheproducer said:
just giving you a heads up i bought those exact lights from that ebay seller

and when i installled them i notised one of them was taking in condensation

(commen for aftermarket) but when i contacted the seller to get him to trade

for a new one he said that i shoud take the lends off with a heat gun and re

seal them my self (not cool)
That's deffinitly not cool. I didn't buy those lights, just posted the link. I'm waiting for a better looking LED setup. But, you mentioned heating the lenses. Did that easily remoove the clear lense? I've got other ideas.
I like this: http://www.srt8oc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3914

#15 ·
The fogs are H10.
I have Autovision 8k HID fogs from buyhidkit.com

They hooked up in 10 Min. They look great.

#18 ·
The backup bulbs ont he 2007 SRT-8's are standard 194 bulbs, believe it or not. The very same bulb that is under the dash and in the rear overhead lighting by the handles.

I wish I could find a super bright replacement for that, it would make backing up much nicer while using the camera. I wish someone made compatible halogens or a SUPER bright LED.

#19 ·
You can suppliment your backup bulb with the rear fog lights by connecting them to the tow harness. These bulbs are 1156. There are several LED options for these that I have found. The standard 1156 rear fogs adds to the brake light and backup light output, but I still would like more light myself. So I'm looking also...

#27 ·
The WK does not use a flasher.

#23 ·
Forget LED's and do HID Back Ups...with the rear camera they are rediculous...I did the slim Philips for Hi/Lows/Fogs/ and Back ups in 6000k and believe me it wasn't cheap but people are on it and it sure helps out with my super dark tint fetish!!! I get more questions about the rear HIDS than anything else on the truck hands down!!!
HALLSTAR TINT...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.