Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Jeep's paint job took 32 Days!!

8K views 62 replies 21 participants last post by  B.R. SRT8 
#1 ·
In mid-July, I dropped my Silver '06 off for some light bodywork and just a quick sanding and re-spray back to the OEM Silver color. No door Jambs were necessary, etc. I haven't seen her in 31 days!! (I was originally going to just Vinyl Wrap the whole Jeep, for ($1,600) to put things in perspective)

Supposedly, she'll be detailed and ready to go tomorrow....now 32 days later!!
The shop owner told me he ended up doing the Jeep the "Correct Way", all body parts came off, everything was sanded, primed, sprayed and polished out individually. He said the paint is now "Glass", "show quality"...his words.

I'm concerned that what was supposed to be a 5-7 day turn around morphed into over a month long project. Does it really take this long to do a "show quality" paint job on a Jeep G.C.?
Just seems to be a really long time even for that.
His daughter quoted me a price of $2,500, (which the owner said he's honoring), but that price was based on a quick sanding and re-spray only.

My concern is, I feel like if he really did go above and beyond and over the top... like he's telling me, I may feel compelled to pay him a lot more.
But then I'm thinking what if this is some sort of "bait and switch" he's hoping to catch me on. Get me in the door at a low price, then make me feel bad with the "war stories" of how much time, effort, money etc went into it all, and get me to pay 2, 3, 4 times the quoted price. I've already got a TON of money into a vehicle that's only worth $19K market, I didn't want to put some $8-10k into paint work. It'll be awesome if he takes $2,500 and that's that, but I'll feel terrible if he really did do a ton of work that goes unrewarded.
I guess this is the downside of having a moral conscience.

See less See more
#42 ·
So am I!
Restored my faith (somewhat) in others.
I'm of the mind-set that you can't trust anyone outside the Demon, True Street, Stage 6 circle. So this is sort of an anomaly with all the red flags goin' up, I really anticipated something not good, don't know why they had to make it so sketchy for me.

I can finally concentrate again.

#41 ·
I truly hope all,is well. I am glad you got it back and happy. Hell I get nervous when they do oil changes on my car. No valet touches my two SRT's and I know that is anal bc they are SRT's not exotics but they are awesome to me. Good luck. Look forward to pics

#47 ·
Same here. My newfound paranoia now has me doing all maintenance work on practically everything.

Reactions: wolf
#44 ·
Pictures!!!!!!

#49 ·
Why did a paint shop need to put 17 miles on a car?

#60 ·
Why??? It had a little bit of everything, Drama, Mystery, some Guns and Violence, Bitchin' and Whining, personal horror.

Reactions: cesarbs12
#63 ·
Posted some pictures in the Pics and Video section.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.