Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Repalcement Tire Recommendations ? Non Run Flat

23K views 43 replies 21 participants last post by  stonesy 
#1 ·
21000 Miles and dealer recommends new tires

Do not want run flats as our SRT8's come with a spare - Didn't like them on my past BMW's and feeling the same about them on the Jeep

I see some have gone to a 305 width - Any issues with this ?

Open for suggestions

thanks

#43 ·
Checked there, yea they are a couple of pounds lighter each
Makes sense (run flats should weigh more); yet its a good thing that the Yoko's are lighter, correct?

...and have a slight smaller diameter than the stock all season run flats
I'm not sure what that means; I know they were listed as a tirerack.com best seller for the 2012 GC SRT when I bought them in April. I know they fit; my tire-dealer/installer was impressed with their quality, etc. I know the Yokos are better than my ($2,200 quoted) OEM pZero 3-seasons, that felt like hard balloons, lightening the front-end and making the steering vague -- hunting ruts, and wearing-out in 8k miles, etc. The ($862 installed) Yoko's are a no-brainer, IMO.
:cheers:

#44 ·
Hi guys,

I have 48k on my 2012 Jeep Srt8 now and needing to change my tires badly. They are pretty much balding now lol. I purchased the truck at 32k and it still had life left in them, surprisingly. Just thought I'd confirm since this post is from 2013... are Yokos still the best option?

Thanks guys

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.