Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Calliber srt4 ?

6K views 30 replies 10 participants last post by  Slim26 
#1 ·
Looking to get a clean Calliber srt, anything I should know, and what to check for before I sign?
Thanks in advance

#5 ·
My gf wasted what was a stage 3 (whatever that means) at the track. They can be quick if launched right. I think it would be a good daily driver. I would be all over the srt-4 forums if I were you. Bump for more info for OP.

Reactions: jumpback
#8 ·
I own both the neon srt4 and the caliber srt4, they are somewhat the same but the caliber is about 400 pounds more. The LCA's on the caliber are weak and should be replaced around 40k, I know some guys that have the stock clutch with 120k miles on it. I still have the stock clutch with 71k on it and its still running strong. Also there is no such thing as a stage 3 for the caliber, it only has a Mopar Stage 1 kit and that only includes the PCM upgrade. If you want to find some info on the go to CaliberSRT4.net and talk to RealTune, they have some really great products on these cars. Also you can make about 310 HP with just a upgraded PCM called the MS1K from RealTune. If you have anymore questions just ask me!

Slim

#12 · (Edited)
Do you have one? If so you can PM me the vin and I can check for you.

Edit: Well my work computers will not let me on the site, so I can check when I get home today for ya!

#15 · (Edited)
I drove one about 1 hour before I drove my cobalt for the first time, I liked it a lot, it was very nice for the price and all the cool options it had, it was torquey and felt quicker than the balt too, I really liked the motor feel and sound, but it was not the right choice for me since I like not using my brakes and pushing the limit through turns... the one I drove felt too soft and squishy and almost put it on 2 wheels when I hit the gas going uphill on a slight left turn...I would like to own one some day tho' it's like that girl you really wanted, but nasty farted on the first date so you decided to call it quits before even making your first move, then years later you're like damn she looks good, I should've hit it...I got bad experiences lol

#16 ·
LOL, that last line got me cracking up! But I wouldnt own a cobalt just because its a chevy, just like I wouldnt own a mustange just because its a ford. Im a dodge/jeep/chryler/SRT at heart and will never buy any car that doesnt have that logo on it.

#17 ·
I'm a rotor head by nature...my favorite cars are gm just because they offer the most complete cars out of the box...at least to my liking...but in reality just like with women I don't discriminate I am whore and will pretty much get inside anything...lol

#18 ·
LOL, I grew up in a ford family, my dad always owned a mustang of some sort(76 cobra II,85 LS) so maybe thats why I hate ford. But I am also from the Mt's of VA and where im from you like one brand and hate the rest.

#21 ·
they are good cars. i had one but i traded it for the jeep. is you end up finding another one pm me. i did a good bit of work on mine and know the car pretty well

#24 ·
I owned two nsrt4, a caliber srt4 in 2008 and several srt8's!! all of them ended up being modified lol

I know them pretty well.

I have the same nick on all forums.

;)

#25 ·
Thats cool, yeah I have the same name on all the forums to. Im hoping soon to own my first SRT8, but I will never get rid of my SRT4's!

#26 ·
Yeah I hear ya! I missed my first nsrt4 so much, when I sold the jeep, I decided to purchase a pretty modded 2004 nsrt4 that I am slowly building for drag racing.

I miss new cars, so I will probably get a new dodge dart soon or wait a bit and get into a 392 srt8!!

#28 ·
I tried driving a nsrt back in 04 and was told I couldn't test drive until I got approved cause it was in the same class as the srt10 viper...I started laughing and then realizer the dude was being serious...I said no thanks not doing paperwork for a test drive and ended up buying a civic...now that's a brand I'm never buying again...I took an exit off the highway a bit too hot and twisted the chassis...

#29 ·
That sucks man! Thats why it was called the mini viper when it first came out! I remember all of that stuff, one of the reason I bought mine brand new in 04 with 8 miles on it, It only has 46k on it now!

#30 · (Edited)
I thought it was crap I drove a wrx, rx8 and a couple other cars looking for what to get into in the 18-25k range but decided in the civic cause my wife wanted one since forever, big mistake should've gone with the rotary...wrx felt slow and heavy, it had too much lag imo, the rx would scream and felt like In was in a race car which it's th reason I didn't get it too expensive as a dd. I ended trading the civic for an 06 regular cobalt and that for a minivan (no idea how, I blame the wife for all the bad car chices I've made in my life, but she made up for 2 bad choices when she asked me to get the jeep instead of the tbss so it's ok), when I drove the cobalt I had to own it the power in that little motor and the handling, oh and the seats they are so thigh I've never felt so loved until I got in it lol. If I would gotten a test drive on an nsrt I would've bought it that day more than likely but the sales dude just turned me off if you ever compare a hoped up econo box to something in the supercar range have the decency to say why before puking out some crazy nonsense lol that dealer went under a couple months later...oh and about 2 years later when I was looking at the minivan I was asked if I wanted to drive the nsrt and had to decline since I was in a different stage in my life I called it the FML stage :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.