Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Compustar Piggy back module?

3K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  HowIRoll 
#1 ·
Has anyone seen a piggyback module similar to Drone (by compustar) that you can have mobile assess to your vehicle via a mobile app? It works by using cell phone reception, and you just download an app to start, lock and unlock your vehicle, has their been anything for the jeep with the factory command start module that you just piggy back?

#2 ·
I put a Viper Smart Start module on my 07 with factory remote start option. That allowed me access from anywhere with Internet signal to lock, unlock, start/stop engine, panic, paging alerts of system activity. The newest have GPS mapping as well. Other option can be hooked up as well.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#3 ·
Microsoft has something going, may not be released yet but I saw it at CES and it was pretty damned bad assed

#4 ·
Mongoose what one was compatible with the factory command start?

#9 ·
#5 ·
The Viper Smart Start is what I have in my '11, works great as long as there is some sort of cell signal.

#6 ·
Ekaz what model did you use?

#7 ·
I have the VSM250 cause I installed a Viper alarm at the same time. If you want to keep the factory alarm system and just add the Smart Start, you'll need VSS3000.
You will also most likely need an interface module. I have the DB-ALL in mine.

Reactions: rocco787
#8 ·
How friendly was the install for you?

#10 ·
My friend wired it up for me while I was in Ohio last year, took a bit longer cause he didn't work on too many up to that point. He said isn't anything horrible, just more time consuming because of the push button deal.
Also, that reminds me, the DB-ALL is the only interface that I am aware of that will let you keep the push button. The other ones require you to remove the push button and use the key.

#11 ·
I finally figured out what I will do. I did some digging and found a module that has relays that can be controlled via text message or through phone calls so it's the same as drone or Viper smart start but Waaay cheaper. It will also require sacrificing one of your key fobs. The subscription fee would be way cheaper because the module drops the call so as to not incur any charges. You can also make it so it will only answer to your phone when you call it. Here is a link to it

http://www.gsm-auto.com/

#12 ·
just paid for mine, i will report back in a few weeks when i get everything wired up.

#13 ·
I have the system you speak of in my rig. All and all, I use my key fob daily... but
I use the DRONE app on my Iphone and Ipad mini to operate like my key fob to double check if I secured my rig. I also like the other features this system offers… vehicle status, location and text notification.

Roll Out!! :rocker:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.