Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

My first track times!

2K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  FastJeepSRT8 
#1 · (Edited)
Well My first trip down to the strip was pretty good. Below are the details of my best time. I'll post a pic of the slip when I can.

Track elevation: 662 ft Temp: 58 deg
Raction: .4019
60ft: 1.8492
1/8: 8.3881 @ 82.55mph
1000': 10.9451
1/4: 13.1062 @ 103.89mph
Fastest trap speed all night was 105.18
Best reaction time was .1390 (racing the Camaro SS)

I ran 13.1 to 13.2 most of the night which seems to be where I should be stock. I gotta say though I was really impressed with the 60' times I was putting up. Nothing I raced could take me off the line. I did see one TBSS but it only ran a 15.4 which I thought was really weak, I don't know what was going on with it. I raced a moded Camaro SS which I'll post details of in another thread. Later in the evening while I was waiting to stage a few guys came up to me and said I was drawing a lot of attention and they were wondering what I did to get a Jeep to run low 13's. I said I just line up and stomp the gas. :D When I told them I was running stock they just grinned and shook there heads. It was a lot of fun and I will definitely go out again after some mods.

Afterthought: As the night wore on my 1-2 and a new 2-3 shift hesitation popped up and got worse through the night but had little effect on my times.

See less See more
#3 ·
Interesting how you said the 1-2 became more prominant over the night.

When I first picked up my 2007 I was talking with some other forum members about how mine was practically non-existant compared to their 2007 manufactured a month or two earlier. But the more I drove mine, the more it surfaced. Could be something to do with the learning transmission and the shift point coming up slightly as you drive it harder, and making it shift closer to the rev limiter.

Interesting that you said it had little affect on the times - which are nice stock times by the way.

#4 ·
Nice. I'm taking mine to the track for the firts time tomorrow & I'm stoked. :D

#5 ·
Those are fantastic times for a stock set up. Most have been reporting around 13.4 for stock times. A few tweaks and you will be in the 12's.

Others, correct me if I am wrong on this.

#7 ·
Wow awsome times dude. I would be happy w a 13.4 here in Miami.
Thumbs up....of course it's that fast...it's black.

#8 ·
Wow, I'm stoked on the performance of the SRT-8. I'm interested in getting one but I would like to learn more about it's long term reliability when driven hard. Probably in a year or 2 when depreciation sets in.

I would love to hear more from you guys down the road to see how well your rigs hold up.

My best 1/4 mile in the M3 with all the mods I have is only 13.2 at 107, but it's a track car though. I'm more interested in a stoplight to stoplight beater and am currently eyeing the SRT-8 as my next purchase.

#9 ·
Inferno SRT8 said:
Do the 180 Tstat and pull the low speed fan relay at the track and your in the 12's! Great times for a stocker.
Thanks Inferno. I'm trying to find the T-stat but no one seems to carry it. I tried everyone including Auto Zone and they all say there is no info available for a 6.1L in a Jeep. Pacesetter even looked in the Motorad book and found nothing. I'm so frustrated, everyone is getting this done but I can't seem to find the part anywhere. If you or anyone else has a part number could you post it for me? Also which relay is the low speed relay and where can I find it? I didn't even know the fan had a low speed. :eek:

#10 ·
Do not have them look it up by vehicle, it will never come up.

Just tell them to look up MotorRad #383-180 or more likely Valuecraft #4128. Both numbers are the same part.

#11 ·
HoustonSRT-8 said:
Do not have them look it up by vehicle, it will never come up.

Just tell them to look up MotorRad #383-180 or more likely Valuecraft #4128. Both numbers are the same part.

Thanks Houston. This really ticks me off! I told the guy at Pacesetter to try that # for MotoRad. I got it from another thread here and I wasn't sure if it was an actuall part#. The idiot told me that a) it wasn't a MotoRad # and b)they had to have a part# that matched my vehicle and engine type or it wouldn't fit or work properly. I drove all over fricken town looking for this thing and this guy probably had it in stock. :mad: And he was a rude SOB on top of that! I'll try Nappa on monday, thanks again.

#12 ·
FastJeepSRT8 said:
Thanks Houston. This really ticks me off! I told the guy at Pacesetter to try that # for MotoRad. I got it from another thread here and I wasn't sure if it was an actuall part#. The idiot told me that a) it wasn't a MotoRad # and b)they had to have a part# that matched my vehicle and engine type or it wouldn't fit or work properly. I drove all over fricken town looking for this thing and this guy probably had it in stock. :mad: And he was a rude SOB on top of that! I'll try Nappa on monday, thanks again.
Dude all you need to tell that c*ock sucker is to give you the number for the district mngr because you would like to inform him how you can't buy a specific part in one of his stores without giving your car info, when you have the model and part number! Wtch that 2 dollar an hour jerk off sh*t his pants and want to help you like never before. If not, ask for the manager and ask for his bosses phone number or the reginal office's contact number- it's time we stop taking this crap from these morons! :mad:

Ok, back to my sexy self...:D

#13 ·
EX-SVTMAN said:
Dude all you need to tell that c*ock sucker is to give you the number for the district mngr because you would like to inform him how you can't buy a specific part in one of his stores without giving your car info, when you have the model and part number! Wtch that 2 dollar an hour jerk off sh*t his pants and want to help you like never before. If not, ask for the manager and ask for his bosses phone number or the reginal office's contact number- it's time we stop taking this crap from these morons! :mad:

Ok, back to my sexy self...:D
You know the really sad part is I think he was the manager. It's a small store and they're usually pretty good but this guy was so full of himself I just wanted to smack'm. Shame on me for letting this guy give me a hard time. When he couldn't find what I wanted he said just drill a few small holes in your stock thermostat and it will run cooler. He also kept intertupting me saying "I'm talking now". So I just walked out of the store back to my badass Jeep and smokin hot wife. Life is good!

#15 ·
FastJeepSRT8 said:
He also kept intertupting me saying "I'm talking now". So I just walked out of the store back to my badass Jeep and smokin hot wife. Life is good!
First let me tell you that you're a much better person than I am- I probably would have cursed this guy out till next week for telling me he's talking now. Next, everyone has a boss, so get his boss' number or the number to the corporate office and file a formal complaint and tell them that you want to be kept in the loop of what happens w this employee.

Last, congrats on your awsome attitude and the smokin wife..."I gotta get me one of those!" (In my best Will Smith voice) :D

#16 ·
Sounds like my encounter a few years ago trying to purchase some exhaust manifold gaskets for my Mustang:

Counter Guy: "Can I help you?"
Me: "Yeah, I need a set of exhaust manifold gaskets for a '94 Mustang with a 5 liter."
Counter Guy: "Do you have dual or single exhaust?"
Me: "Say what?"
Counter Guy: "Do you have one or two pipes after the cat?"
Me: "I don't have a V6. I have a GT."
Counter Guy: "Some of the GTs in '94 had single exhaust after the cat."
Me: "No, they didn't. Mustang 5 liters haven't had single exhaust after the cat since '86."
Counter Guy: "Whatever. We don't have them in stock, but we do have flange gaskets for the h-pipe."
Me: "So you don't have the manifold gaskets in stock?"
Counter Guy: "No, but we do have the h-pipe flange gaskets."
Me: (shakes head) "Yeah, I'll go somewhere else. By the way, you may want to think twice before working the counter again."

Went right down the street to Autozone, had someone that actually owns a modified 5.0L Fox help me and was out of the store in less than 5 minutes with my FelPros. Jeez....is it really that hard?

#17 ·
just for info not to steal the thred this last weekend I ran my SRT with the only mods being a K&N drop in filter with the inlet snorkel cut so opening faced forward, and the stock muffler replaced with 2 Flowmaster hush power 2 3" flow, stock resonators , the air temp at 66 at 2600ft alt. I had a 1/4 mile trap at a 12.875 at 105.83 mph.

#18 ·
you want to really screw with the parts idiots?

ask them for a part, any part, for a 1983 Corvette and see how long it takes them to realize there is no such thing!!!!!!

90% of parts counter people are F'N morons!!!!!!

#19 ·
EX-SVTMAN said:
First let me tell you that you're a much better person than I am- I probably would have cursed this guy out till next week for telling me he's talking now. Next, everyone has a boss, so get his boss' number or the number to the corporate office and file a formal complaint and tell them that you want to be kept in the loop of what happens w this employee.

Last, congrats on your awsome attitude and the smokin wife..."I gotta get me one of those!" (In my best Will Smith voice) :D
Thanks SVTMAN. You know part of me asked why I was so nice to the guy but I own my own business and I have some really good employees that have done some really stupid things. Maybe this guy was just having a bad day. FWIW I did finally find the part at, of all places, Autozone thanks to the helpfull guys here. I think I'm going to call him back to let him know that I found what I was looking for somewhere else and it was the exact same part # I gave hime to see how he responds. If he's still a jag then I will peobably persue someone over him. I don't want to be a prick but if I had a problem employee like that I would definitely want to know. Regardless at the end of the day I still have the smokin hot wife! (in my best Ricky Bobby voice) Just wish I had the 28 million dollars! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.