Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

SLP Exhaust Questions

19K views 42 replies 14 participants last post by  farhan.yousuff88@gmail.co 
#1 ·
Hey all,

Fairly new GC SRT8 owner, got it at the end of October, and I am looking to soon start performance modding. Ive been looking through the exhaust choices and my hands down favorite is the SLP. The first issue though is that all the clips I heard on youtube didnt specify what kind of SLP. Cause as I search online it looks like there is an SLP and an SLP Loudmouth... is this true or is there just one SLP exhaust for our jeeps? Also, I cant seem to find where to buy one online, are they still available for sale? :confused: If so, where can I order one?

#2 ·
I have had my Jeep for 3 years and have never heard an SLP on a Jeep or even ever heard of one being made for Jeep? Magnaflow, S&W, billy boat, Corsa, Borla, and the newest popular choice Solo are the systems I've seen and heard.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#3 · (Edited)
I haven't heard of SLP making a bolt on kit for our rigs. But I do know from first hand experience that the "loud mouth" series of "MUFFLERS" are true to their name. I had the loud mouth system on my 2000 camaro ss and my god it was LOUD. Droned to thee point of migraines within a 3hr trip and attratced a lot of attention from LEO's in my area. That being said they must be even more obnoxious outside the vehicle as living in rural alberta there is a lot of straight piped bush rigs and farmer engineered equipment rolling around and yet they still chose to harass ME lol.

#4 ·
I'm the one on you tube and the slp exhaust I have is custom. My exhaust is stock manifolds with stock catbacks. I removed rear resonators and replaced with straight pipe. I then took out stock mufflers and replaced with slp loudmouth 1's shotgun resonators. These are found on most catback systems. I replaced factory tips with 5in tips from thermal reasearch. I wish they made an exhaust for us but they don't. This is by far the loudest exhaust possible but honestly it's not bad with drone or annoying while cruising.

Reactions: Gbustic
#5 ·
Interesting... I'm not doubting what you guys are saying but if you just search "Jeep SRT8 with SLP exhaust" on youtube, there are a number of different Jeeps with SLP exhausts. I guess they are all custom. Anyways, thanks for letting me know they don't make a kit for our jeeps. I'll have to decide cause I'm not really impressed with the sound from the other exhausts out there... they don't roar enough for me, they are a bit too deep. I guess they do roar if you throw on headers or straight pipes, but I was hoping to get something without having to do that.

#6 ·
I have the same set up as LASRT. I think and everyone I come across thinks my rig sounds great! I have loudmouth 2's though....

Reactions: Gbustic
#8 ·
Thanks for the help guys! I've decided to go with SLP... really really impressed with the sound, but still deciding between loudmouth 1 and loudmouth 2. Ill pm you guys with some questions.

#9 ·
Same sound between both except one is louder than the other.
Who owns the black jeep with slp on you tube? I have the silver one and think I was the first to try it after coming from a slp Gto.

#13 ·
Yup! Just got it installed yesterday... sounds awesome, can't wait to drive again today :) I should have a video coming next weekend.

#15 ·
Love mine too! Get us some clips, since we helped so much with your decision.. Lol

#18 ·
For sure, LASRT and SRT/BLK you guys were really helpful through this, thanks a bunch! So happy with it :) :) :) Its my favorite exhaust sound on the Jeep SRT8! I'll have a full video up by the end of the week.

#22 · (Edited)
#23 · (Edited)
That sounds sick! I have the loudmouth 1 on my jeep with the resonators still on but this makes me want to get them removed. It is extremely loud while just cruising or just wot?

#27 ·
Thanks, glad you like it! There is drone around 1700-2000 rpm, below that it is pretty quiet. above that, up until the 3000, its not too loud either. Since you will almost never be driving consistently in the 3000s it is quite manageable. For me the main issue is the 1700-2000 range but since that is quite small it is alright with me. However, the overall sound of it, especially when you try solid acceleration - WOT, is really sweet!! definitely worth it :) I am very happy with it!

Reactions: LASRT
#24 ·
Hey Adam, the 5in tips you got from TR...........are they angled and are the ends rolled? The 5in tips I got are from Jegs and the ends are rolled, which makes the exhaust note sound like a fart when i get out of the throttle, haha just need your 2 cents on this sir.:D:D

#25 ·
Sounds great dude! just like mine,glad that you are cost effectivley happy.

#31 ·
Finally got a chance to hear it man that sounds loud haha...better watch your mirrors for the law lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.