Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Not 1, But 2 Leaks

2K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  TheBRICK 
#1 ·
I noticed some residue on the garage floor several days back so I cleaned the floor and threw some paper towels down to collect the next drips. They were barely enough to leave a reddish residue. I got under the front of the Jeep last night and there was definitely something going on as I could see pooling. Took her in this morning and it appears I have a tranny leak as well as a water pump leak. Since she's there, I figured I'd get the 30K mile service as I'm almost there (differentials, transfercase, etc). This is the second freakin water pump I've toasted? I'm wondering if it has something to do with the 180stat?

#3 ·
sounds like what was goin on with mine a bit ago...got a new rear main seal. i would almost get a second opinion on that water pump leak...had one dealership (that wasn't mod friendly) try telling me i had a bunch of leaks that needed to be addressed (water pump being one of those)...went to another dealership (mod friendly) and they told me only the rear main...even after i asked them to verify if there was a water pump leak or not....1st dealer quoted 1600 for the work...2nd dealer 000000 (covered the rear main under warranty).

#4 ·
Yah, it could just be some weepage out of the water pump. I have seen that before on 5.7s.

#6 ·
Wow 2 water pumps..

#10 ·
Sorry to hear about your bad luck, Please get a seccond opinion.

#13 ·
Picked her up a lil while ago. Notes from the tech are as follows:
C/S fluid leaking from water pump, thermostat and NAG plug. Remove ADN Replaced water pump and t-stat (guess I have to put a third new one in). Removed and replaced NAG plug. Adjusted trans fluid and coolant level. Test drove and pressure tested coolant system. Verified no collant or transmission fluid leaks.
Since she was already there for the day, I had them due a tranny flush, power steering flush, brake fluid flush, coolant flush, and serviced the differentials and transfercase. I drove her home, but can't say she feels any different as I haven't put the tune back in yet.

#17 ·
Hey Drew, I took mine in to have the front and rear diffs serviced as well as transfercase and an oil change while it was there. I also mentioned to them that I saw a little puddle under the Jeep, on the garage floor. They found that I had a water pump leak. Also, a front drive axle that was leaking. Both replaced at no cost.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.