Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Anybody tuned?

8K views 29 replies 14 participants last post by  BarryG 
#1 ·
So i finally returned home from my deployment and upgraded to a 14. And i just have my trinity sitting there calling my name, but im scared to load a tune from all the horror stories that people posted about. is the anyone running the 93 tune with no issues?

#2 ·
Welcome back and glad you're ok!

From what I've read, there are a few people who report no issues after loading the tune. But until Diablo flat out states that they know, for a fact, that there are no issues, or no more issues, I'm not buying. As well, there's the issue of the cooling fans not kicking in at the reduced temps after installing a 180* stat.

Every once in awhile, Mike from Diablo will pop in after a comment such as mine and ask what we're talking about, as if it's all news to him. One of us will answer, then get silence in return. It's getting old.....:(

#3 ·
1st thanks and it feels great to be back.... Yeah i saw on another thread. Where you had listed things that were wrong and he went silent. Kinda sucks because i loved the Predator when i had my Charger, and the Trinity for 12. Now i want to do my 14, but im gonna wait until everything is straightened out.

#7 ·
Peter, reason why it's good that these threads pop up every now and then :)

Have my trinity sitting on a shelf over here since November last year. Not risking hooking it up and have my truck die on me. No dealers over here to troubleshoot or restore stuff to default.

A few weeks ago I think I updated the software on the trinity but I can not select 2014 build vehicles, 2013 is the last year. No idea what that's about and I have had zero time to research it any further.

#8 · (Edited)
As far as the stock trinity canned tunes go with no mod tunning added to them you can run as fast or faster with a bone stock jeep and tune with just a couple things done. Now a custom tune with a few revisions thats a diff story. So you 2014 guys with no tunes ready yet huff it to the track and do some racing with your bone stockers and have some fun.

#19 ·
Hey Jim383,

I had a question about tuning a 2012.
All I have for engine mods are an Injen CAI, and an American Racing Header Cat-back exhaust to Borla ATAK's. So nothing crazy here.
I don't believe either of these modifications requires a Tuner, or do they?
If they don't require a tuner, should I have my dealership adjust anything with the stock tune, or do they normally check that at every service interval?

#25 ·
I have a Diablo Trinity tune, customized by my local (German) dealer to my needs and 100 octane (95 octane US) fuel and it seems to work pretty well. I know that the power upgrade per se isn't huge, maybe somewhere around 20-30 horses (at best) but the improved throttle response alone was worth the money. In Sport mode, I get a better (by 0.1 seconds) acceleration time from standstill than with launch control. Amazing. The SRT jumps forward like a rocket, absolutely unbelievable for such a heavy truck. There is no delay from standstill, this thing just jumps forward and does 4.4 seconds from 0-100 kph (4.1 seconds from 0-60 mph) most of the time. When the fuel tank is full and I have passengers inside the truck, the acceleration is 4.6-4.7 seconds from 0-100 kph (4.3 to 4.4 seconds from 0-60 mph). From 0-200 kph (125 mph) acceleration time with the tune apparently improved by two seconds. Not bad at all. Not only pure power gain but also better performance due to the better throttle response and harsher(faster?) shifting. My dealer did a great job.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.