Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

2014 Jeep SRT8 (pic)

16K views 78 replies 38 participants last post by  pplace993 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Yep, and it will have the 8 speed Trans I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#4 ·
I really wanted the 2014 but i think resumespeed said 1 fully loaded the msrp would be close to 70,000 and thats to rich for me and the deal i got for my 2012 was to great to turn down. I told them i wanted kbb trade in value of 27,012 and i knew that was going to be hard to get so they offered me 25,000 and took 10,375 off msrp so i took it. BARB was happy as it has rear dvd as most 2012 i have seen dont have it. Im glad it was slive and not black lol. I wanted the deep cherry but none were available in so ca area with rear dvd.

#6 ·
........yup, super awesome!!!!!!!!

..NOW Chrysler/Jeep ....bump the price up to $70k, so a regular dumb azz like me will never have one.

I am still waiting on the 12s & 13s with tunes to reveal their new 1/4 times.

With the new SRT8 Jeeps, and other vehicles for that matter being so damn expensive...
screw-ups like me a few others that LOVE THESE, somehow get them, and run the
living PEE out of them and really race, and abuse them (like they should be) will
never get to.

NOW the SRT8 division is going to be the luxury/high end exclusive performance line!!!!

I am upset! LOL ...... my $47k 07 that started off as a lease is frekn BAD! runs great,
and I love it still. (LONGEST I HAVE EVER OWNED A VEHICLE) Going on 5 years.

Just think of me or someone like me getting a 2014 SRT8 Jeep, driving it for 1 week,
taking it to the track....clicking off a 12.6 stock to everyone's amazement, then
doing some smart, simple mods, and concentrating on a FINE TUNE with somebody like
Johan.....and returing a week later and clicking off 11.8s...... NICE!

I hope some of you can see my point!

Base JGC about $32k...... nice 5.7 Hemi one $42-44k........ SRT8 $65k++++++
just utterly LUDICROUS !!!!!

please discuss.....

#8 ·
I really don't see any price increase at all. The 2014 SRT8 is what the 2012/2013 people paid for. It's how it should have been from the get go. Without a doubt I will buy one. Gotta wait for my one of my dealership buddies to get a demo with the options and color I want.

#9 ·
Gorgeous interior, but assumed 70K price tag.....ouch

#14 ·
Yeah, I agree $70k is a little gut-wrenching for a Jeep, but I think when you look at the difference between a nicely equipped 5.7 hemi and the SRT, the additional $20k for the SRT starts making sense. I'm no expert on all the differences, but motor, wheels, drivetrain, suspension, interior, and bodywork changes easily add up. So assuming the $20k difference between the 5.7 hemi and the SRT is justified, the only way the SRT is overpriced is if the starting point (the 5.7 hemi) is overpriced at $44k-ish. Based on it's competition I'd say it's fairly priced.

I gotta believe there will be a price increase for the MY 2014 just from adding the 8 speed (even though it should have been there all along).

I can't speak for others, but when I add up receipts for my mildly modded 2008 GCSRT, $70k doesn't look like too bad of a deal...and I am nowhere near some of the mods others have done.

I guess I'm just saying that most people think things cost more than they should...whether you're talking cars, home renovations, video games, etc. But when you try to build it yourself, as many of us have, those numbers start making more sense.

Fun cars are just stupid levels of money. The SRT is for better or worse one of them.

#15 ·
But this thing sure will be faster off the line.

#16 ·
with the 8 speed it should be. wonder what firsts' gear ratio is. i would guess it would be at the top of 2nd @ 60mph and will be over and done by the time we hit 50 in the WK1. would THINK the 2nd gear would pull pretty strong with the 8speed

#17 ·
Reactions: kmitch80
#19 ·
The new 5 spoke is standard. Then the 12-13 wheel in the current finish or black chrome. So only two different wheel design options.

#32 ·
My statement is based on opinion, nobody has to agree.
Truth be told there is no other version of a the $100k car at the Nissan dealership. In the Jeeps case there are several models of the GC, and one costs $35k and another can be optioned to $70k.
I will spend $70k at a dealership that builds $70k cars as habit and not coincidence.
I had $50k, so I bought a 300 SRT8.

#36 ·
I don't like the wheels right now either.

Sent from The Nexus 4

#34 ·
I would rather buy a good low mile 06-10, drop 20k on a forged motor. Forced induction, and transmission leaving me about another 15-20k to play with.

But that is just me. Some people have the jack to buy this and enhoy it for a year until the next best thing comes along.

Can't imagine too many of these being sold at that price.

#35 ·
You are creating a totally different type of vehicle from the information above...

The Wk2+ is a different vehicle. There is no reason Chrysler cannot build a 70k vehicle. As technology increases the gap between (for example) a Benz and a Jeep is going to decrease.

- general statement below
Stop shitting on the brand. Clearly the product that they are putting out now is not the vehicle most people would want. The refinement had taken the platform to new heights. Hopefully they will introduce a stripped down version to please everyone.

Sent from The Nexus 4

#38 ·
Nobody is shitting on the brand at all, but $70k is a significant amount of money, and half the fun of the SRT's was that you could have one for a much better price than the competition. It just pisses me off that they have become barely affordable for the same people that could have afforded the previous model years.
I love the Chrysler/Jeep cars but my current will be my last if the prices don't stop growing.

#44 ·
Agreed. People need to shut up about $70k. For all we know SRT is browsing the forums. They reason that since people are already prepared for $70k why not make it $70k. This Jeep should not increase in price one penny. At max inflation adjustment.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.