Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Stage II Cam vs Stage III Pro-Series Camshaft

3K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Knuckles 
#1 · (Edited)
The car had stage II Heads and Stage II Cam and he wanted a little more power, so we sent him a stage III Pro-Series Camshaft and longtube headers and the results are below. The next stage is the ported intake and I will post those results as well. All tuning done by Johan at Diablosport.

45rwhp @ 6,200rpm
20rwhp @ 3,500rpm
30-35rwtq across entire rpm range.

Notice that even with the bigger cam that hp is still peaking at 6,200rpm which is still very useable. Car is idling at 760rpm.

This is the third car with this combo to make over 470rwhp on 3 different dynos.

See less See more
#4 ·
I'm liking those numbers!!!

#5 ·
Thats a nice increase for sure. You need to stop posting these graphs and times Andy because it confuses me for my future upgrades......everytime I make up my mind that I will get the vortech I see this. :p

I have bounced back and forth from heads/cam/IM to vortech more times than I can count!!! :confused: lol

Anyhow, Great numbers and keep on pushing the envelope.

#10 ·
1- can stage III Pro-Series Camshaft work with stage II head without any issues? cuz ppp site stating otherwise.

*All the Power Ported Performance Pro series camshafts are inverted flank roller camshafts. Most others are asymmetrical but not as radical as the Pro series. These IR camshafts will require the use of the PPP STG 3 heads or they will become unstable at higher RPM. There has been a lot or R&D with these Pro top end packages so to mismatch these profiles with cheap, imported hardware will not allow your engine to produce the maximum power possible.

2- if i need to swap the stage II cams that i have, what would i need?
3- what other mods that jeep had beside LT headers?
4- tune is done by johan, so i would be looking for the same tunner to reach that power or AJ would tune it the same??
5- correct me if i am wrong, the stage III Pro-Series Camshaft specs are 224/228 598/578 113.

+2 on idle video.
1. They will work with the Stage II heads, but it is adviseable to go with Stage III heads.
2. Just the cam, cam bolt, crank bolt, and timing cover gasket.
3. Exhaust, converter.
4. AJ can tune it or I can sell you an email tune.
5. Yes, thats the specs.

nice numbers
Thanks.

Here is the idle video.
http://video.diablosport.com/user_video_detail.php?mId=9540

#7 ·
1- can stage III Pro-Series Camshaft work with stage II head without any issues? cuz ppp site stating otherwise.

*All the Power Ported Performance Pro series camshafts are inverted flank roller camshafts. Most others are asymmetrical but not as radical as the Pro series. These IR camshafts will require the use of the PPP STG 3 heads or they will become unstable at higher RPM. There has been a lot or R&D with these Pro top end packages so to mismatch these profiles with cheap, imported hardware will not allow your engine to produce the maximum power possible.

2- if i need to swap the stage II cams that i have, what would i need?
3- what other mods that jeep had beside LT headers?
4- tune is done by johan, so i would be looking for the same tunner to reach that power or AJ would tune it the same??
5- correct me if i am wrong, the stage III Pro-Series Camshaft specs are 224/228 598/578 113.

+2 on idle video.

#8 ·
nice numbers

#14 ·
Nice numbers Andy! Is this a car or a Jeep? If this was a car what would this package do on a Jeep? Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.