Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

How to empty oil catch can

5K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  D VADER 
#1 ·
So most of you know i just got my Jeep SRT8 couple days ago, i did my oil change and i noticed i have a oil catch can i guess i missed it since it looked so flush with the rest of the engine bay, i just want to know how i can empty it since i dont know when the last time it was emptied, Do i simply just turn it like a screw from the bottom? or is it a different way

Thanks any input would be helpful

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
more importantly, you will dispose of the used oil properly i hope.......think green..

#11 ·
if you mean pour it on neighbor's annoying shrubery, yeah, that stuff is plenty green. Good suggestion for a good target.....:D

Use a rag and large channel lock and hope for no scuffing, lefty loosy, righty tighty, but upside down so backwards.

#7 ·
^ We drive rigs that get 8-14 miles to the GALLON.......... Think green??

Just givin you a hard time :D

Reactions: billgates380
#8 ·
I check mine every 1K miles. It will have more or less in it depending on how hard you drive the jeep and what mods you have.

#9 ·
I'm having a hard time getting my catch can to unscrew. I know they can get on there pretty tight sometimes but I want to make sure that I'm rotating it in the right direction before applying more force. If I am removing the can from the top side while still installed on the bracket, which way should I be spinning the can?

Sorry for the stupid question, not the smartest at times!

#13 ·
First time I emptied mine I managed to spill some oil on the engine.:(
I'm such a dumb sh!t at times!

Bob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.