Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

What did you do to your Jeep today?

1M views 9K replies 612 participants last post by  bxcharger 
#1 · (Edited)
This is a wildly successful thread on another forum I'm on, so I thought I might as well start it here.

Today I traced down a loud squeling coming from the engine that I determined was a result of a cheap belt. I determined it was the belt by spraying the grooves of the belt with WD40 while the engine was running. If the squeling is the belt, the sqeeling will stop when you spray it.

Next I found a location to install my catch can. To do so I had to cut two bolts and trim the head of one of them. For those that have removed your stock CAI, there is a bracket just waiting to be put to work.

Here's some photos for the hell of it. I know it's not the prettiest thing you've ever seen, but it functions nicely. :)

See less See more
#1,565 ·
Went by the shop and, after coming up on 3 months, we finally got to see my rig 95% re-assembled! All that's left is the final wiring conections for the Stage6 fuel hat systems, running the boost gauge and Trinity LC-1 cables and mounting up the pods and gauges before we try to fire up the beast this week some time! :D

- A N D -

I pulled the trigger on a Solo J-pipe exhaust to swap out the existing Magnaflow. Steve at Solo Performance is super-cool to deal with.
I knew it was going to happen anyway at some point as I really wasn't feeling that ricer-like, tin-can tone of the Magnaflow setup that the rig came with. Figured I'm so deep into it anyway, I may as well include it in this build phase and have it on before the dyno+Johan tuning starts.

And as the wife astutely pointed out, being a musician and sound engineer most of my life, if it has anything to do with tuning audio properties, I naturally have to have it. :rolleyes::p
Heh-heh... She does know me well.:cool:

I AM GETTING E-X-C-I-T-E-D ! :D:rofl::grinbiginvert::rofl::D

#1,566 ·
Drove my jeep 150+ miles to work this morning on a new tune. Avg MPG's sky-rocketed from 8.9 to 15.2. Well worth the money.

#1,567 ·
Hopefully you did some logging and ordered a new o2 sensor.

#1,578 ·
I told you it just needed some tweaks :) Glad you are enjoying it John. Get the wideband fixed and we will finish the WOT stuff. Then I can work on the race gas tune =-O

J

Sent from my SPH-D700 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
I really can't tell you how thankful I am for your work alongside Dan in getting my jeep retuned. It has made a world of difference in drivability. Definitely going to order up an 02 sensor tonight and find a place to get it installed ASAP.

#1,579 ·
Come on man. Buy the sensor and take a 13/16 wrench under the truck and change it yourself in the parking lot! :)

Dan and I have worked pretty hard on this together. He deserves alot of credit for getting the hardware to a point where it could be caled properly. Without his efforts, it would have been impossible to get it dialed in right.

15.9 mpg, that's as good as you got with the old 426 setup isn't it?

J

Sent from my SPH-D700 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#1,582 ·
Wideband is on the downpipe of the passenger side turbo....may even be able to swap it from the top side.

You mean the guy who tunes 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, and 13 seconds cars isn't the best HEMI tuner around. Sooooo shocking.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
I hated driving his Jeep when he dropped it off, luckily I didn't have to drive it much before getting a new tune from Joel :D

#1,583 ·
Washed her then it rained :(

#1,592 ·
This is what I have done over the last week ... New Builder Bill TC, 5500K LED interior lights, new chrome 20" replicas from Skip, R1 premium drilled and slotted rotors with Stoptech Pads, Johan tune, and changed F/R differential and trany fluids ... Rig runs GREAT!

#1,603 ·
That pretty cool I too have them by vehicle, work and house/with/without alarm fob...I have too many sets lol

#1,604 ·
I got a 18.2mpg average on my way home from work this week. I drove a total of 150 miles. THAT IS DAMN IMPRESSIVE. JBOY FTMFW! I never even got that on my stock jeep.

Reactions: JerseyBoy@Stage6
#1,609 · (Edited)
my xpipe showed today...yaaay!!! might get it installed tomorrow...

best I've gotten was 17.5 when I first got it...I was a bit scared of it and wasn't used to the snappy power, the awd feel and stiff 5k lbs beast feel...now I'm stuck at 13...and that's me trying to hold back I just cannot keep it from doing 90 most of the time...

#1,610 ·
Finally got around to installing the CF medic . Happy with the hood but they could have left the 4 mounting bolts so you can use the stock size it was late and I couldn't get them from a shop . had to hit the parts bucket and search . Truck it a total mess but it's been snowing&raining all day

#1,613 ·
Solo Exhaust arrived at my builder's shop at 1:30. He had them installed by 4:30!:)
Glad we were able to get the Solo on before getting into tuning. And I'm lovin' the change from the Magnaflow's to Solo's 4.5" tips! :D

#1,614 ·
I'm like a little kid right now. ..been up since 3am and the muffler shop don't open til at least 9 lol

#1,616 ·
So if I work the angle of better mpg's getting a turbo you think the wife would fall for it? :D